- Holistic Approach
- Academics at BMSIT&M
- Library and Information Resource
- Time Table
- Study Material
- Student Empowerment
- Training & Placements
To develop technically competent Mechanical Engineering professionals for the benefit of the society
Impart quality education in Mechanical Engineering and allied areas by state- of- the- art- infrastructure and dedicated faculty.
Provide conducive environment for both students and faculty to pursue higher education & research and to work ethically for the benefit of society.
Faculty, Staff and Infrastructure
|Dr. Mohan Babu G.N||B.E., PGDCP. , M.Tech., PhD||Professor|
|Dr. HK Govindaraju||BE, ME, PhD||Professor and Head|
|Dr.A.V.Suresh||BE, ME, PhD||Professor|
|Dr. K. M. Sathish Kumar||BE, MTech, PhD||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Suresh.N||BE, ME, PhD||Associate Professor|
|Mr. Praveen Kumar T N||BE, ME, (PhD)||Associate Professor|
|Mr. O.Gurumurthy||B.Tech.,, M.E (Ph.D)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. K. Chandra Sekhara Reddy||BTech, M Tech||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Yashavantha Kumar G A||BE, M Tech||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Anantha Krishna G.L.||BE, ME, PGDBA,(PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Shripad Diwakar||BE, ME (Ph.D)||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. S.Nithya Poornima||BE, M Tech||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Sriganesh.T.G||BE,, M Tech, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Sundaresh S||BE, M Tech, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Madhu.M.C||BE, M Tech||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Keerthi Kumar N||BE, M Tech||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Kiran M D||BE , ME||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Jagadeesh.Y.J||BE, ME||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. B J Tejaswini||B.AL, LL.B, LLM||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Shreya Banerjee||B E, M Tech||Assistant Professor|
(First Row -> Left to Right): Mr.R.Venkatesh (Instructor), Mr.Srinivasa (Asst. Instructor), Mr.G.K.Bheema Rao (Asst. Instructor), Mr.P.K.Ramamurthy (Foreman), Mr.G.Kuppu Swamy (Instructor), Mr.Abdul Razak (Asst. Instructor), Mr.Ananda.R (Instructor); (Second row -> Left to Right): Mr.Ravi Kumar (Asst. Instructor), Mr.Srinivasa.K.A. (Mechanic), Mr.Ashok.G.C (Mechanic), Mr.Pradeep.C. (Mechanic), Mr.A.P.Selvam (Mechanic), Mr.Umashankar.S (Asst. Instructor)
- VTU Ranks by the department so far: 2008- Mary Ernackle Abraham Abraham, 2012- Hemanth Kumar (10th rank), 2013- Kanishk Bhadani (8th rank).
- Mariam Tahoora of 6th semester has won the Wipro Earthian 2015, an Essay competition in the College category.
- Several special courses are organised on CATIA and HYPERMESH for students.
- Project work entitled ?Smart Bicycle? guided by R.G.Deshpande and carried out by 8th semester mechanical engineering students: Pradeep.S, Akash Asopa and Raghu.S.N, was selected for the final round of exhibition under students? project proposal approved by KSCST held at B.V.B.College Of Engineering, Hubli.
- The Department organizes industrial visits for the higher semester students in order to impart holistic education and a better understanding of the theoretical concepts. The various educational visits for the previous years have included visits to Visvesvaraya Technological Museum, GTRE, ISRO, Thermal Power Plant, Bellary, federal mogul, HMT Bangalore , etc.
- Siddharth Kashyap (8th Sem) , participated in and won the Regional Championship at the intercollegiate level of the "Simply Finance Quiz 2014 Bangalore" organized by Tata Mutual Fund.
- The Forum for Mechanical Engineering is a club run by students under the guidance and support from the faculty. Under this club, the department conducts an inter-collegiate technical fest titled ?UTHKHANANA", annually with widespread participation from students of other colleges.
- BMS Institute of Technology and Management has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with KPIT Technologies (2014), Federal Mogul (2014), and NDRF (2015) aiming for training faculty members.
- The Department started the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) INDIA BMSIT Collegiate club; under which various activites including FDP, industrial visits, seminars, workshops and competitions are organized. In the year 2015, a two day workshop on "Automobile Electronics" was organized in collaboration with IISC (Bangalore).
- Mr. Praveen Kumar T. N was granted an amount of six lakhs under the VTU Research Grant Scheme for the project titled, "Development and comprehensive characterization of aluminium ceramic-microsphere foamed composite."
- The faculty of the Department have published more than 40 papers in various national and international, conferences and journals.
- Dr. HK Govindaraju and Dr. A.V Suresh have been nominated as a member of VTU Belgaum Local Inspection Committee.
- In the quest for academic excellence leading to global standards and to provide a platform for the students graduating from the portals of BMSIT, the Department has adopted the practice of Outcome Based Education (OBE).
- The students are encouraged to work on both in-house projects and also with various companies like HMT, BHEL, HAL, Indian Railways, Bharath Fritz Werner, L&T, Komatsu Ltd., Federal Moghul, etc.
- The sixth and eighth semester students developed small scale projects and participated in the State Rotary Bangalore Udyog and Standard international precision Engineering(P) for RUSI award.
- The students of II sem, Kaushik Balasundar, Edwin Easo Mathew, Akash S. Nambiar, Abhishek S.A., Aby J. Kottoor have designed and fabricated “HEAD MOTION CONTROLLED WHEELCHAIR” and has won the best paper
- Team of Mechanical Engineering students successfully completed their ambitious project ECOKART sponsored by the institution and have participated in the national level competition and has won best acceleration award held at BML Munjal University, Dist. Gurgaon, Haryana, from 21st to 27th February 2017. Faculty advisor for the project was Mr. R.G.Deshpande and convener Dr.H.K.Govindaraju, Professor and Head of Mechanical Engineering
- Shiril. S.Jude of V semester won 2 first prises in karate weapon kata- National Level competition and won second place in general Katas2016
- Suprith Kulkarni Of VI semester Participated in table Tennis and won the runners Up place in the VTU Bangalore North Zone
- Sahana Upadaya and Harishitha Of 4 th semester won the runners up In the VTU badminton Zonals 2016
- Divyam garg Of 4 th semester won the first place In table tennis in the VTU Zonals 2016
- Mr Madhu M C Assistant Professor Published a book on Elements of Mechanical Engineering Under CBCS under Skyward Publishers
A four day Workshop on “Technical Staff Training” was conducted from 10th july 2017 to 13th july 2017
During the internship Industrial Visit to NTTF training centre Peenya and M/s. Aaditya Auto parts ltd, peenya unit
Mechanical engineering department had organized exhibition of the project works carried out by students on16/05/2017 at amphitheatre of the institution
Blended learning and Co-curricular Activities
Mrs S.Nithya Poornima organised Poster Competition for the students of II semester F section on the topic Energy resources for the subject Elements of Mechanical engineering on 27 Feb 2017.
Five Day Faculty Development Program on “Advances in Composite and Smart Materials”
31st July to 4th August 2017