- Holistic Approach
- Academics at BMSIT&M
- Library and Information Resource
- Time Table
- Study Material
- Student Empowerment
- Training & Placements
Department NewslettersMECHINFO - Biannual
To develop technically competent Mechanical Engineering professionals for the benefit of the society
Impart quality education in Mechanical Engineering and allied areas by state- of- the- art- infrastructure and dedicated faculty.
Provide conducive environment for both students and faculty to pursue higher education & research and to work ethically for the benefit of society.
Faculty, Staff and Infrastructure
|Dr. Mohan Babu G.N||B.E., PGDCP. , M.Tech., PhD||Professor|
|Dr. HK Govindaraju||BE, ME, PhD||Professor and Head|
|Dr.A.V.Suresh||BE, ME, PhD||Professor|
|Dr. K. M. Sathish Kumar||BE, MTech, PhD||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Suresh.N||BE, ME, PhD||Associate Professor|
|Mr. Praveen Kumar T N||BE, ME, (PhD)||Associate Professor|
|Mr. O.Gurumurthy||B.Tech.,, M.E (Ph.D)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. K. Chandra Sekhara Reddy||BTech, M Tech||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Yashavantha Kumar G A||BE, M Tech||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Anantha Krishna G.L.||BE, ME, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Shripad Diwakar||BE, ME (Ph.D)||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. S.Nithya Poornima||BE, M Tech||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Sriganesh.T.G||BE,, M Tech, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Sundaresh S||BE, M Tech, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Madhu.M.C||BE, M Tech||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Keerthi Kumar N||BE, M Tech||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Kiran M D||BE , ME||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Jagadeesh.Y.J||BE, ME||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. B J Tejaswini||B.AL, LL.B, LLM||Assistant Professor|
(First Row -> Left to Right): Mr.R.Venkatesh (Instructor), Mr.Srinivasa (Asst. Instructor), Mr.G.K.Bheema Rao (Asst. Instructor), Mr.P.K.Ramamurthy (Foreman), Mr.G.Kuppu Swamy (Instructor), Mr.Abdul Razak (Asst. Instructor), Mr.Ananda.R (Instructor); (Second row -> Left to Right): Mr.Ravi Kumar (Asst. Instructor), Mr.Srinivasa.K.A. (Mechanic), Mr.Ashok.G.C (Mechanic), Mr.Pradeep.C. (Mechanic), Mr.A.P.Selvam (Mechanic), Mr.Umashankar.S (Asst. Instructor)
- VTU Ranks by the department so far: 2008- Mary Ernackle Abraham Abraham(3rd Rank), 2012- Hemanth Kumar (10th rank), 2013- Kanishk Bhadani (8th rank).
- Mariam Tahoora of 6th semester has won the Wipro Earthian 2015, an Essay competition in the College category.
- Several special courses are organised on CATIA and HYPERMESH for students.
- Project work entitled “Smart Bicycle” guided by R.G.Deshpande and carried out by 8th semester mechanical engineering students: Pradeep.S, Akash Asopa and Raghu.S.N, was selected for the final round of exhibition under students’ project proposal approved by KSCST held at B.V.B.College Of Engineering, Hubli.
- The Department organizes industrial visits for the higher semester students in order to impart holistic education and a better understanding of the theoretical concepts. The various educational visits for the previous years have included visits to Visvesvaraya Technological Museum, GTRE, ISRO, Thermal Power Plant, Bellary, federal mogul, HMT Bangalore , etc.
- Siddharth Kashyap (8th Sem) , participated in and won the Regional Championship at the intercollegiate level of the "Simply Finance Quiz 2014 Bangalore" organized by Tata Mutual Fund.
- The Forum for Mechanical Engineering is a club run by students under the guidance and support from the faculty. Under this club, the department conducts an inter-collegiate technical fest titled “UTHKHANANA", annually with widespread participation from students of other colleges.
- BMS Institute of Technology and Management has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with KPIT Technologies (2014), Federal Mogul (2014), and NDRF (2015) aiming for training faculty members.
- The Department started the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) INDIA BMSIT Collegiate club; under which various activites including FDP, industrial visits, seminars, workshops and competitions are organized. In the year 2015, a two day workshop on "Automobile Electronics" was organized in collaboration with IISC (Bangalore).
- Mr. Praveen Kumar T. N was granted an amount of six lakhs under the VTU Research Grant Scheme for the project titled, "Development and comprehensive characterization of aluminium ceramic-microsphere foamed composite."
- The faculty of the Department have published more than 40 papers in various national and international, conferences and journals.
- Dr. HK Govindaraju and Dr. A.V Suresh have been nominated as a member of VTU Belgaum Local Inspection Committee.
- In the quest for academic excellence leading to global standards and to provide a platform for the students graduating from the portals of BMSIT, the Department has adopted the practice of Outcome Based Education (OBE).
- The students are encouraged to work on both in-house projects and also with various companies like HMT, BHEL, HAL, Indian Railways, Bharath Fritz Werner, L&T, Komatsu Ltd., Federal Moghul, etc.
- The sixth and eighth semester students developed small scale projects and participated in the State Rotary Bangalore Udyog and Standard international precision Engineering(P) for RUSI award.