- Holistic Approach
- Academics at BMSIT&M
- Library and Information Resource
- Time Table
- Study Material
- Student Empowerment
- Training & Placements
To impart sound fundamentals and concepts in Physics which helps students to nurture scientific temperament and creativity in the field of engineering.
To provide sound knowledge in applied Physics through innovative techniques and scientific methodology. To motivate students to pursue scientific analysis and develop problem solving ability in the field of engineering.
|Graphene Oxide / plasmonic hybrid nanocomposites for versatile surface enhanced Raman spectroscopy (SERS) based multi analyte detection sensors||Dr. C. Kavitha||2018-2019||500000.0||VGST -SMYSR||On-going|
|Zinc Oxide Nanocomposites preparation using modified sonochemical method suitable for solar cells and battery applications||Dr. Daruka Prasad B||2018-2019||500000.0||VGST -RFTT||On-going|
|Plant Latex mediated green combustion synthesis of rare earth doped nano aluminates: study of structural and luminescent properties||Dr. Dhananjay N||2015-2018||2170000.0||DST-SERB||completed|
|Graphene/Graphene Oxide-Nano particles hybrid structures for SERS based optical Sensors||Dr. C. Kavitha||2014-2017||3197667.0||DST-SERB||Completed|
|Novel phytosynthesis, structural and luminescence properties of rare earth activated nano- oxyhalides for display and dosimetric applications||Dr. Dhananjay||2014-2016||400000.0||VGST -SMYSR||Completed|
Faculty, Staff and Infrastructure
|Dr. Dhananjaya N||B.Sc., M.Sc., M.Phil.,, PhD||Associate Professor & HOD|
|Dr. R Lokesh||BSc, MSc, PhD||Associate Professor|
|Mrs. Yashaswini||, M.Sc Ph.D pursuing||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Ashwini K. R||BSc,, MSc||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Daruka Prasad B||B.Sc., M.Sc., M.Phil., PhD||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. C. Kavitha||BSc,, MSc, Ph.D from JNCASR, Post doc from IISc, RRI , PhD||Assistant Professor|
T. Krishnamurthy (Assistant Instructor) and R. Venkatesh (Instructor)
- Dr. C. Kavitha have been invited for Key Note lecture from Oxford University United Kingdom (2019).
- Dr. Daruka Prasad Selected as a Department Advisory Committee (DAC) Member for Ph.D. Program at Department of Physics, Manipal University, Mahe from October 2018.
- Dr. Daruka Prasad Received Best Research Paper of the year 2017 award from Carbon Science and Technology, Applied Science Innovations Pvt., Ltd., Pune on Jan 2018
- Dr. C. Kavitha selected as Reviewer of American Chemical Society (ACS) and Royal Society Chemistry (RSC) Publications with impact factors 7.5.
- Dr. Daruka Prasad selected as a potential reviewer for revieweing the project proposals submitted for funding at National Science Center, Poland (2016-till date)
- Dr. Dhananjaya N has received Summer Research Fellowship twice in the year 2014-15 and 2017-18 from Indian Academy of Science.
- Dr. C. Kavitha’s Research article of published in Spectrachimica Acta-2015 has been selected in TOP 20 List at Bio Medical Library in USA.
- Dr. N.D.N. Prasad (Retired) was given best faculty award for the 2014-15 by M/s. Cognizant Technology.
Open Course on Multifunctional, Hybrid and Nano-materials for Engineering Applications Target Students
12 - 16 Feb 2019
FDP on Current Trends on Applied Physics 24-28 July 2018
24th – 28th July 2018
BMSIT&M stall at academica pavilion-IMTEX Forming
Five Days Faculty Development Program (FDP)
on "Techniques for Characterization of Materials" 20th June 2017 to 24th June 2017
Motivational talk for students and staffs “Action plan for mind and its power” Major (Retd.) G. B. Muthukumar, Director, International Institute of Equine Science & Studies
National Science Day 28th February 2017 “Science and Technology for specially abled persons” as directed by the UGC.
Prof. T.S. Sridhar,
CENTER FOR ADVANCED MATERIAL RESEARCH LAB
Inaugural Function 11.02.2016
National conference “Nano Science and nano Technology”
11th October 2013