- Holistic Approach
- Academics at BMSIT&M
- Library and Information Resource
- Time Table
- Study Material
- Student Empowerment
- Training & Placements
To impart sound fundamentals and concepts in Physics which helps students to nurture scientific temperament and creativity in the field of engineering.
To provide sound knowledge in applied Physics through innovative techniques and scientific methodology. To motivate students to pursue scientific analysis and develop problem solving ability in the field of engineering.
Faculty, Staff and Infrastructure
|Dr.N.D.Narasimha Prasad||BSc, MSc, PhD||Professor and Head|
|Dr. Dhananjaya N||B.Sc., M.Sc., M.Phil.,, PhD||Associate Professor|
|Dr. R Lokesh||BSc, MSc, PhD||Associate Professor|
|Mrs. Yashaswini||, M.Sc Ph.D pursuing||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Ashwini K. R||BSc,, MSc||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Daruka Prasad B||B.Sc., M.Sc., M.Phil., PhD||Assistant Professor|
- Department of Physics organized one workshop and two national level conferences at BMSIT&M (a) “One day workshop on Advanced Materials and their applications” on 26th March 2011 in collaboration with Department of Chemistry and Luminescence Society of India, Karnataka Chapter (LSIKC). (b) “National conference on nano Science and nano Technology” (NCNSNT-2013) in collaboration with Department of Mechanical Engineering and Chemistry on 11th October 2013 (c) “National Conference on Emerging Trends in Nano Applications” (NCETN-2015) in collaboration with Department of Chemistry and Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering on 27th and 28th March, 2015
- Dr. Dhananjaya N, Associate Professor has received 21.7 lakh from SERB-DST (Fast Track) research grant for the project proposal in the financial year 2014-15. He also received research grant of Rs. 4 lakh from VGST under SMYSR scheme in the financial year 2014-15.
- Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi is recognized Physics Research Centre.
- Physics Research Centre Lab is set up to enable faculty members and students to pursue experimental research in the field of nanotechnology.
- Research Students are registered for their Ph.D program at Physics Research Centre and presenting their work at various conferences and publishing their research work at reputed refereed national and international level journals.