- Holistic Approach
- Academics at BMSIT&M
- Library and Information Resource
- Time Table
- Study Material
- Student Empowerment
- Training & Placements
To empower students to excel in engineering and research by imparting equitable Mathematics education of the highest quality.
To impart quality education in mathematics through innovative methods, thus laying a strong foundation for the study of engineering subjects. To enhance the students critical thinking, computational and problem solving skills.
Faculty, Staff and Infrastructure
|Dr. Annamma Abraham||BSc, MSc, PhD||Professor|
|Dr. Jojy Joseph Idicula||BSc, B. Ed. (Science Edu.), MSc, M.Phil., PhD||HOD|
|Dr. Chethan A S||BSc, MSc, PhD||Professor|
|Dr. Karabi Sikdar||BSc (Honours), MSc, Ph. D (IIT, KGP), Post Doctoral Fellow (IISc, Bangalore), PhD||Professor|
|Mrs. Anitha Kiran||BSc, MSc, MBA(HR), (Ph.D)||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Annapoorna M S||B.Sc,, M.Sc, M. Phil, (Ph. D)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Kallur V. Vijayakumar||B.Sc., M.Sc., (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Sreelakshmi T K||BSc, MSc, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
- The faculty members of the department are actively involved in various research activities such as guiding research scholars, publishing papers, executing funded projects, arranging and attending conferences and workshops.
- The faculty members of the Department are actively engaged in research work and have published more than 50 papers in various National/International conferences and refereed journals.
- The faculty members of the Department hold other academic responsibilities such as Member of Board of Examinations (BOE), Board of Studies (BOS) and Academic Senate of VTU,
- Faculty members of the department are paper setters for VTU theory examinations and various autonomous college examinations.
- Faculty members deliver expert lectures in other institutes.
- Faculty members have authored various textbooks on Engineering Mathematics and Discrete Mathematical structures.
- Currently 7 students are pursuing their PhD degrees under the VTU recognized Research Centre.
co-curricular activity a seminar on “Computer Simulations (& slow motion videos) that Challenge Conventional Wisdom” by Dr. A.S. Vasudeva Murthy, professor, TIFR-CAM, Bangalore
conducted for the students of II Electrical (G Sec), Electronics (Asec) and Computer science (B sec) students on 11th May, 2017 from 2.40 to 4.15 at ISE seminar hall, BSN Block.
A co-curricular activity is conducted for the students of II ECE(A Sec) and II CSE(B Sec) on 16th February, 2017 from 2.40 to 4.15 at ISE seminar Hall, BSN Block.
These students witnessed for a battle of brains and knowledge. The speakers Sajjan Singh and Rahul
A co-curricular activity
Conducted for the students of II Mechanical (E Sec) and II Telecom (F Sec) on 18th February, 2017 from 10.55 to 12.40 at ISE seminar Hall, BSN Block.
HELD ON 25TH FEBRUARY, 2017(F0R C&D SECTIONS)
Three-day Faculty Development Programme on “ICT & Modeling in Applied Mathematics”
held from 30th January to 1st February, 2017.
Two day workshop on “Scilab Programming”,
held during 15-16th December 2014.