- Holistic Approach
- Academics at BMSIT&M
- Library and Information Resource
- Time Table
- Study Material
- Student Empowerment
- Training & Placements
Provide Quality Education in Electronics, Communication and Allied Engineering fields to Serve as Valuable Resource for Industry and Society
1. Impart Sound Theoretical Concepts & Practical Skills
2. Promote Interdisciplinary Research
3. Inculcate Professional Ethics
Faculty, Staff and Infrastructure
|Dr. M. C. Hanumantharaju||BE, MTech, PhD||Professor and Head|
|Dr. Ambika R.||BE, , ME, Ph.D.||Associate Professor|
|Mr. Saneesh Cleatus Thundiyil||AMIE, M Tech, (PhD)||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Seema Singh||BTech, , MTech, , PhD||Associate Professor|
|Mrs. Vidya Devi M||BE, M Tech, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Anil kumar D||BE, M Tech, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Mamatha K R||BE,, MTech, (Ph.D)||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Hamsavahini R||BE, M .Tech (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Rashmi N||BE, M Tech, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Jagannatha K B||B E, M Tech, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Shashikala.J||BE, M Tech,||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Chandra Prabha R||B E, M Tech||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Laksmisagar H S||BE, , M. Tech, (Ph.D).||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Asha G Hagargund||BE, M Tech||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Sabina Rahaman||B.E,, M.Tech(PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Shivarudraiah B||B.E,, M. Tech||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Suryakanth B||BE, M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Thyagaraj Tanjavur||BE, MTech MBA (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Shilpa Hiremath||BE, MTech||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Vinutha B||BE, MTech||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Deepa N Reddy||BE, M Tech||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Ravindra V. Asundi||BE, ME||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. A. Shobha Rani||B.E, M.Tech, PhD||Associate Professor|
First row (Left to Right) : Mrs. Supriya.K (Asst. Instructor), Mrs.Arpitha.H.M (Asst. Instructor), Mrs.Priya Rai.B (Mechanic); Second row (Left to Right) : Mr.Sharamas.P (Asst. Instructor), Mr.Byrareddy.A.B (Asst. Instructor), Mr.Venkatasubbu Babu (Instructor), Mr.Shivamallu (Instructor)
- CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE ON SYSTEM ON CHIP: As a part of Texas Instruments (TI) University Program, Department has set up TI Embedded Systems Lab, TI Microcontroller Lab and TI Analog System Design Laboratory in the department premises. Under this set up, Edgate Technologies Pvt. Ltd, the TI University partner has donated several TI hardware for developing projects under the embedded system and analog domain. Under this the students have developed various projects and participated in TI-Innovation Challenge India Design Contest 2015.
- CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE FOR DEVELOPMENT OF AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS: (COE-DAE) Department is in the process of establishing a Centre of Excellence for Development of Automotive Electronic Systems. The Centre of Excellence for High-Speed Development of Automotive Electronic Systems aims to enhance relationship between institute and industry to realize their existence objectives. This will help to develop human capital according to the respective needs and current surrounding and increase their effort in the areas of research, development and commercialization.
- In the quest for academic excellence leading to global standards and to provide a platform for the students graduating from the portals of BMSIT, the Department has adopted the practice of Outcome Based Education (OBE).
- To have updated cutting edge technological transformations and developments in the field of electronics and allied branches, the Department has been instrumental in organizing & conducting workshops, conferences, invited talks from distinguished guests from industry and academia.
- Department has produced over 70 research publications by the faculty members in various international and national journals as well as international and national conferences in the past two years.
- National foundation for entrepreneurship development (NFED) has honoured Dr. M C Hanumantharaju, HOD of ECE Department by awarding him senior educator and scholar award for his significant contribution to teaching and scholarly activities on 6th teachers day awards and celebrations 2015.
- Proposal submitted to NRB by Dr. Hariprasad S.A, Prof. Anilkumar D, Prof.Krishnananda titled, ?Neural Network based Predictive Controller for Ship navigation? sanctioned for Rs.19.92 Lakhs.
- Prof. Karthikeya G. S presented two papers on Antennas in the fifth edition of the prestigious IEEE ICCE, 2014 (International Conference on Communications and Electronics). This event was jointly organized by IEEE Vietnam section, Antenna Propagation Society, IEEE Photonics Society, IEEE SSCS Vietnam chapter, Korean Institute of Communication and Information Sciences, Japanese Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers in July 2014.
- Students from ECE Department have published more than 40 papers in various national and international, conferences and journals.
- Mr.Venkat Chinta,( 8th semester student ) was selected to work in Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, USA. He has designed and built a prototype feedback control system for tensioning straws into Mu2e rings along with scientists from Fermi Laboratory. He was a member of the Tracker team on the Mu2e experiment at Fermi lab. He has been selected for PhD in Aerospace Engineering (direct from Bachelor's) in the Department of Aerospace and Ocean Engineering Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech)
- Project of the year award by Karnataka State Council for Science & Technology (KSCST) was awarded to: ?Neural Network based Automated System for the Diagnosis of Cervical Cancer? by Amit Mutgi, Rishya P Murthy and Tejaswini guided by Dr. Seema Singh and to ?Prosthetic Limb Control using Adaptive Signal Processing of Election-Myogram (EMG) Signals.? Sneha Das, Harshitha PV, Modini, Madhuri guided by Saneesh Cleatus T and Raghavendra.
- BMS Institute of Technology and Management has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the KPIT Technologies in the year 2014 aiming for training our faculty members.
- In order to bridge the gap between industry and academia and to make students familiar with modern tools workshops are conducted in association with industry personnel.
- Waves is a bi annual newsletter published in the month of January and July from the Department, as a part of disseminating various activities and achievements happening in the Department.
- Elecsim is a club run by students under the guidance and support from faculty. The club aims to encourage technical interest among students from various Departments who have a common interest in electronics. It organizes various activities to strengthen concepts and build the spirit of team work. All the technical activities organized by ELECSIM are associated with student chapters of one of the professional bodies such as IEEE, ISTE. Under this club, the department conducts an intercollegiate technical fest annually during the month of September (odd semester).