- Holistic Approach
- Academics at BMSIT&M
- Library and Information Resource
- Time Table
- Study Material
- Student Empowerment
- Training & Placements
To develop technical professionals acquainted with recent trends and technologies of computer science to serve as valuable resource for the nation/society.
Facilitating and exposing the students to various learning opportunities through dedicated academic teaching, guidance and monitoring.
Faculty, Staff and Infrastructure
|Dr. Thippeswamy G||BE (CSE),, ME (CSE),, PhD||Professor and Head|
|Dr. Ravi Prakash||,||Senior Professor & Dean (Research)|
|Dr. Narayana Iyer||, , PhD||Visiting Professor|
|Dr.Bharathi Malakreddy A||BE,, MTech,, PhD||Professor|
|Dr. Anil G.N||BE, MTech, D.Sc (Doctor of Science.)||Associate Professor|
|Mrs. HemaMalini B H||BE, MTech, (PhD)||Associate Professor|
|Mrs. Bharathi.R||BE, M Tech, (PhD)||Associate Professor|
|Mrs. Vishakha Yadav||BE, MBA,(PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Muneshwara M S||BE, M Tech,(PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Anand.R||BE, M Tech, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. G.Y.Durga Devi||BTech, MTech||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Shruthi.J||BE, M Tech, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Jagadish.P||BE, M Tech, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Durga Bhavani A||B Tech, M Tech||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. RAJESH N V||BE, , M Tech||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Chethana C||BE, MTech||Assistant Professor|
|Ms. Ambika G.N||BE, M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Vidya Rajesh Pai||BE, M Tech, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Mari kirthima||B E, M E||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Radhika K R||BE, M Tech, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Guruprasad S||BE, M Tech, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Ravi Kumar B N||B.E, M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Srivani P||BE, MTech, (Ph.D)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Shankar R||BE, ME, (Ph.D)||Assistant Professor|
(First row -> Left to Right) Mrs. Bhagya. M(Instructor), Mr. Venkatesh Bangar (Asst. Instructor), (Second row -> Left to Right) Adhinarayana Reddy .M(Instructor), Mr. Hari Prasad Pai (Instructor), Mr. Harinath H.N (Asst. Instructor), Mrs. Ragini T. N(Instructor) ,
- The Department of computer science engineering has set up a CSI (Computer Society of India) chapter on campus with a vision IT for Masses thus enabling IT professionals and computer users to work towards making the profession an area of choice amongst all sections of the society. Under this chapter the Department has organized various activities including technical talks, interactive sessions, and workshops.
- Mr. Harinath H.N, Asst. Instructor developed a Student Feedback software for the college in October-2015.
- Dr.Thippeswamy G, Prof and HOD, Department of CSE participated in DSI-RFBR sponsored research project entitled Mathematical models and morphological analysis based algorithm for image compression and classification in computer visual system? and presented his research progress at Lomonosov Moscow state University, Moscow, Russia.
- Exposure to cutting edge technologies is provided by means of industrial visits and technical talks from domain experts of reputed research organizations.
- The Department has incubated research laboratories/startups: Open Cube Labs, Ventalyst India Pvt Ltd, Rockstat with the prime focus on providing hands on experience in real time project environments.
- The Department organizes an annual intercollege technical fest, titled "SEMAPHORE", with widespread participation from other colleges and departments.
- Mr. Suraj Kumar Jana, student of CSE secured 1st place in the International Space Apps Challenge and also won the International Create Challenge competition of Switzerland for the year 2013-2014.
- The Department is actively involved in organizing various student centric activities, Workshops, seminars and technical talks. A few recent ones to highlight are: Four days workshop on Android App Development,a technical talk on Importance of Data Structures and Algorithms in the Industrial Scenario by Mr. Vijay Kulkarni, Senior Software Engineer, NDS Bangalore, Presentation of Novel Ideas on E-Governance and Societal Needs, a Technical talk on Latest Techniques in Wireless Sensor Networks by Dr. Shiva Murty, Associate professor, VTU P.G Center, Bangalore, a one day National Conference on Cloud Computing.
- In the quest for academic excellence leading to global standards and to provide a platform for the students graduating from the portals of BMSIT, the Department has adopted the practice of Outcome Based Education (OBE).
- BMSIT Alumnus - Suraj Jana Creates Mini Satellite. He has converted Coke, Red Bull and beer cans into mini-satellites to create an open-source database on several city parameters.
- Ms. Revathi R has secured 10th Rank in the VTU during 2015-16.
- Two projects were selected for 39th Series State Level Seminar & Exhibition-2016,which was held at Bijapur on 19th & 20th August 2016. Ms. Madhuri, Ms. Anulaa, Ms. Deepthi & Ms. Aishwarya exhibited their project work.
- Dr. Bharathi M A was awarded with Best Product Design Award at National Product Design 2016 by Microsoft Mobility Research Forum for the product titled “Robust Smart System for Monitoring Air Pollution Dynamically “.
- The Project Titled “Determination of water quality parameters for purification of water using imaging spectrometry” under the guidance of Dr. Thippeswamy G, Professor and Head, CSE has been selected under KSCST and has got funded with Rs. 4,500. The Students who are working for the project are Ms.Abhinaya, Ms.Kavana , Mr.Naresh & Mr.Prateek
- Department of CSE is working to build collaboration with Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA, USA in terms of Internships and Post Graduate Programs. Mohammed Nawaz, VI Sem propelled out as a Topper among various students who had proposed their projects.
- Mohammed Nawaz, Jayasurya P & Melrick of VI Sem, under the guidance of Dr Bharathi M A are working on a real-time project titled “ Navigaton Assistant” for QiKPod Company
- Aman ,Durgesh , Dhanya.M, Abhishek Kirloskar of VI Sem under the guidance of Dr Bharathi M A are working on a real-time project titled “IoT projects for smart college“ for QiKPod Company.
- The students and faculty members were involved in development of software products viz., Faculty evaluation by students, Performance Based Appraisal System(PBAS), 180 degree feedback, on-line NBA awareness quiz including College website.
- The department of CSE in collaboration with ISE and MCA had organized 2nd National Conference on Recent Trends in Information Technology (NCRTIT-16) on 21st and 22nd of June 2016 at BMSIT.
- Dr. Bharathi M A Professor, Dept. of CSE, Chaired 3 sessions in IEEE International Conference on Smart Technologies for Smart Nations organized by School of Computing and Information Technology, REVA University, Which was held from 17th to 19th August 2017.
- Dr. Thippeswamy G, H.O.D, Department of CSE, BMSIT&M, Presented his project findings entitled “Exploration of continuous Morphological Models for Analysis and Recognition of Dynamic Depth Images/Videos” in Indo Russian collaborative research project presentation. It was organized by Department of Studies and Research in Computer Science, Mangalore University during 14th Dec 2017 to 22nd Dec 2017.
- Mr. Suraj Jana, Mrs. Vidyadevi and Mrs. Rohini Research Scholars of R & D Center, CSE, BMSIT&M, presented their project findings on “Exploration of continuous Morphological Models for Analysis and Recognition of Dynamic Depth Images/Videos” in Indo Russian collaborative research project presentation. It was organized by Department of Studies and Research in Computer Science, Mangalore University during 14th Dec 2017 to 22nd Dec 2017.
- Delegates from Moscow State University visited BMSIT&M on 22nd December 2017 at around 10 am. They visited the campus, academic block, hostel block and department of CSE. A formal Welcome was arranged for the delegates. Dr. Ravi (Ravindra) Prakash and Dr. Thippeswamy G received the delegates. They were happy with the Indian Culture, hospitality. They visited the laboratories. They suggested that the university should give more preference to have practical sessions in teaching engineering courses. They were very happy with the Incubation Centre. The IoT projects were displayed.
One Day Student workshop on "ARM Processors and Embedded Systems"
by Mr. Harish V Mekali
SPEAKER: MR.DARSHAN SUDARSHAN, SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER, FIDELITY NATIONAL FINANCIAL PVT LTD AUDIENCE: IV SEMESTER CSE
CORPORATE CULTURE AND CURRENT TECHNOLOGY
MR.SHRAVAN, MINDCOM TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD. AUDIENCE: IV SEMESTER CSE
MR.SREELOLA HEGDE AND MS SWATHI.S(ALUMNI OF 2014 & 2016 BATCH) DevOps Engineer at Zynga Game Network India Pvt.Ltd Bengaluru ASSOCIATE SOFTWARE ENGINEER CGI,BENGALURU
SPEAKER: DR.SURESH, AUDIENCE: VI SEMESTER CSE , DATE:18-05-17
Project Based Learning
Project Based Learning (PBL) of 2016-17 held on 16th May 17 from 9.30 am-4.30 pm. Chief Guest of the function was Mr. Sudhakar, Project Manager, Wipro Technologies.
Alumni interaction at CSE Dept in the month of April 2016
16 April 2016
Student Centric Activity
Student Centric Activity
Project exhibition of final year students
16.5.2017 in the project corridor and Department lab respectively from 9:00am to 4:45pm. The Chief Guest of the open day was Mr. Sudhakar, Project Manager from Wipro Technologies.
Seminar on Project management using MS Project and , Usage of MS project tool and Example demo of Sensitivity analysis for given Lpp using Lingo Software
6th Sem students
Software Engineering Issues for an Assembler Design
Student Centric activity
Technical TalK on “Career orientation using latest technologies-Applied Technology “ .
Delivered by Mr.Alok Chaurasia and Mr. Sunil Singh
Geo Gebra- Graphical Method
Class 6th sem B SECTION, Operations Research Mrs. Chethana C,10/03/2017
System Software Mrs Chethana C ,04/11/2016
TECH TRANSFORM – 17
TECH TRANSFORM – 17
for Mr. Suraj Kumar Jana:
18TH AUGUST, 2017