- Holistic Approach
- Academics at BMSIT&M
- Library and Information Resource
- Time Table
- Study Material
- Student Empowerment
- Training & Placements
Department NewslettersGANAKA VANI
To develop technical professionals acquainted with recent trends and technologies of computer science to serve as valuable resource for the nation/society.
Facilitating and exposing the students to various learning opportunities through dedicated academic teaching, guidance and monitoring.
Faculty, Staff and Infrastructure
|Dr. Thippeswamy G||BE (CSE),, ME (CSE),, PhD||Professor and Head|
|Dr. Ravi (Ravinder) Prakash G||PhD (Statistical & Computational Inverse Problems),||Senior Professor & Dean (Research)|
|Dr. Narayana Iyer||, , PhD||Visiting Professor|
|Dr.Bharathi Malakreddy A||BE,, MTech,, PhD||Professor|
|Dr. Anil G.N||BE, MTech, D.Sc (Doctor of Science.)||Associate Professor|
|Mrs. HemaMalini B H||BE, MTech, (PhD)||Associate Professor|
|Mrs. Bharathi.R||BE, M Tech, (PhD)||Associate Professor|
|Mrs. Vishakha Yadav||BE, MBA,(PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Muneshwara M S||BE, M Tech,(PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Anand.R||BE, M Tech, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. G.Y.Durga Devi||BTech, MTech||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Shruthi.J||BE, M Tech, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Jagadish.P||BE, M Tech, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Durga Bhavani A||B Tech, M Tech||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. RAJESH N V||BE, , M Tech||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Chethana C||BE, MTech||Assistant Professor|
|Ms. Ambika G.N||BE, M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Vidya Rajesh Pai||BE, M Tech, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Mari kirthima||B E, M E||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Radhika K R||BE, M Tech, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Guruprasad S||BE, M Tech, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Ravi Kumar B N||B.E, M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Srivani P||B E, M Tech||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Yeresime Suresh||BE (CSE) , MTech (S/w Engg) , PhD||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Shankar R||BE, ME||Assistant Professor|
(First row -> Left to Right) Mrs. Bhagya. M(Instructor), Mr. Venkatesh Bangar (Asst. Instructor), (Second row -> Left to Right) Adhinarayana Reddy .M(Instructor), Mr. Hari Prasad Pai (Instructor), Mr. Harinath H.N (Asst. Instructor), Mrs. Ragini T. N(Instructor) ,
- The Department of computer science engineering has set up a CSI (Computer Society of India) chapter on campus with a vision “IT for Masses” thus enabling IT professionals and computer users to work towards making the profession an area of choice amongst all sections of the society. Under this chapter the Department has organized various activities including technical talks, interactive sessions, and workshops.
- Mr. Harinath H.N, Asst. Instructor developed a Student Feedback software for the college in October-2015.
- Dr.Thippeswamy G, Prof and HOD, Department of CSE participated in DSI-RFBR sponsored research project entitled “Mathematical models and morphological analysis based algorithm for image compression and classification in computer visual system” and presented his research progress at Lomonosov Moscow state University, Moscow, Russia.
- Exposure to cutting edge technologies is provided by means of industrial visits and technical talks from domain experts of reputed research organizations.
- The Department has incubated research laboratories/startups: Open Cube Labs, Ventalyst India Pvt Ltd, Rockstat with the prime focus on providing hands on experience in real time project environments.
- The Department organizes an annual intercollege technical fest, titled “SEMAPHORE”, with widespread participation from other colleges and departments.
- Mr. Suraj Kumar Jana, student of CSE secured 1st place in the International Space Apps Challenge and also won the International Create Challenge competition of Switzerland for the year 2013-2014.
- The Department is actively involved in organizing various student centric activities, Workshops, seminars and technical talks. A few recent ones to highlight are: Four days’ workshop on “Android App Development”,a technical talk on ‘Importance of Data Structures and Algorithms in the Industrial Scenario’ by Mr. Vijay Kulkarni, Senior Software Engineer, NDS Bangalore, Presentation of Novel Ideas on E-Governance and Societal Needs, a Technical talk on “Latest Techniques in Wireless Sensor Networks” by Dr. Shiva Murty, Associate professor, VTU P.G Center, Bangalore, a one day National Conference on ‘Cloud Computing’.
- In the quest for academic excellence leading to global standards and to provide a platform for the students graduating from the portals of BMSIT, the Department has adopted the practice of Outcome Based Education (OBE).