- Holistic Approach
- Academics at BMSIT&M
- Library and Information Resource
- Time Table
- Study Material
- Student Empowerment
- Training & Placements
To emerge as one of the finest Electrical & Electronics Engineering Departments facilitating the development of competent professionals, contributing to the betterment of society.
Create a motivating environment for learning Electrical Sciences through teaching, research, effective use of state of the art facilities and outreach activities.
Faculty, Staff and Infrastructure
|Dr Narapareddy Ramarao||BTech, MS, PhD||HOD|
|Dr. Sanjay Lakshminarayanan||B.Tech(Hons), MSc (Engg.), PhD||Professor|
|Mr. Kattimani H.D.||BE, MS||Associate Professor|
|Mrs. Suma Umesh||B E,, M. Tech||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Prashant A. Athavale||BE, MTech||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Manjula B K||BE, MTech||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Vikram Chekuri||BE, ME||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Babu Naik Gugulothu||BTech, ME||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Manjunatha Babu P||B.E,, M.E||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Ozwin Dominic Dsouza||BE, MTech||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Shilpa G||B.Tech,, M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Prashanth.N.A||BE, MTech||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Nagaraj D C||BE, MTech||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Rajnikanth||BE, MTech||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Madhu Palati||BTech, , ME, , PhD||Assistant Professor|
Left to right: Front row: Mr.Dattathreya.S.R (Instructor), Mr.Channamallappa.H(Foreman), Mr.Siddalinga Swamy.H.V (Asst. Instructor) Back row: Mr. Anand Kumar.K.M (Mechanic), Mr.Krishna.V (Driver/Attender), Mr. Manjunath C (Asst. Instructor)
- Devi Rameshwari secured 5th Rank in the VTU examinations in the year 2015.
- Aranya Khinvasara and Aniruddha Bharadwaj of 5th Sem EEE, BMSIT&M, competed with other 700 students of 133 colleges and won First Prize at the ? Climate Change Educational Program ? 2013? Quiz organized by the Divecha Centre for Climate Change at Indian Institute of Science(IISc)
- Prof. Suma Umesh and Dr. T C Balachandra of EEE Department have received funds from Naval Research Board, New Delhi, for a project titled ?Simulation of Micro gas sensor for the detection of SF6 leakage and its constituent gases under partial discharge in a GIS system? for an amount of Rs 5.25 lakhs.
- BMS Institute of Technology and Management has been declared as a winner for WIPRO Earthian awards 2014. (6th Semester students, guided by Mrs. Manjula B.K.)
- Mohit Bisht, Srijan Srivastava, Ajay Kumar and Vibhuti Bhushan participated in PROJECT EXPO-2015 held at Dr. T.T.I.T, K.G.F and were awarded Third prize for the project Titled, ?Magnetically Levitated Vertical-Axis Wind Turbine? under the guidance of Mr. Manjunatha Babu P.
- Technical Talks that have been held in the past few years include: ?Thin film cell and its fabrication? (Akshay Urja Club),?Energy Management and Efficiency?(EEE dept., Energy Management Cell), ?Discrete Control Systems, PLC, SCADA & Field Devices? (EEE dept., ISTE Chapter), ?Innovation Centre- A Concept? (KPCL), among others
- The IEEE Student Chapter was started with overwhelming response from the student community and faculty. In the year 2014, The IEEE Student Chapter has won the title of "Best Student Branch (small)" in the Karnataka section of IEEE Student Chapter.
- The Department has been organizing a variety of conferences, workshops, expert lectures and other student-centric activities to instill innovation and up-to-date technical knowledge for an array of subjects.
- The department has been inviting eminent academicians for technical talks and frequently conducts several workshops, seminars and conferences; mainly in the areas of Industrial Automation, Micro & Smart Systems Technology, Power Systems, High Voltage Engineering & Power Electronics.
- The Energy Management Cell in the department is active in taking up energy conservation measures in the campus.
- The students are encouraged to work on both in-house projects and also with leading Research Organizations in Electrical Sciences like Central Power Research Institute, Indian Institute of Science, General Electric and also companies like Honeywell Technology Solutions, ABB, Bharath Heavy Electricals Ltd., Kirloskar Electric Co., Schneider Electric etc.
- Every year, a variety of Industrial visits are organized by the Department in order to enhance exposure and to foster a better technical expertise. Visits that have been conducted so far include: Kolar HVDC grid and Kolar Photovoltaic plant, Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Rural Energy Development (MGIRED),Jakkur, Shivanasamudra Power Plant, Horse Power Industries, Hindi High Vacuum and ?Integrated Electricals?
- The Department organizes an annual intercollege technical fest, titled ?VIDYUT?, with widespread participation from other colleges and departments.
- A monthly newsletter, ?LiveWire!?, is published by the Department and is a newsletter containing ongoing activities of the Department as well as current and noteworthy articles of scientific interest in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering among others; contributed to by both faculty as well as students.
- Miss Fiona Annrose Joseph secured 3rd Rank in the VTU examinations in the year 2016.
- Miss Shwetha R secured 1st Rank in the VTU examinations in the year 2017.
- Miss Veena N secured 3rd Rank in the VTU examinations in the year 2017.
- Mr. Krishanu Ganguly, Alumnus of 2012 Batch, has secured a seat in Masters Program at prestigious Carnegie Mellon University, USA in the year 2016.
OPEN DAY (Project Exhibition):
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering organised the OPEN DAY on 16th May, 2017
Institute – Industry Interaction 2017
Institute – Industry Interaction-2016
Institute – Industry Interaction-2015
for the students
21st Feb. 2014.
Product building workshop
29th March. 2014.
20th September, 2014
25 April. 2015
23rd September, 2015
Circuit De-Bugging Contest
26th September, 2016
A Second Alumni interaction was held on 4th of November 2017. This interaction was attended by the following Alumni of department of EEE.
Industry Institution Interaction