- Holistic Approach
- Academics at BMSIT&M
- Library and Information Resource
- Time Table
- Study Material
- Student Empowerment
- Training & Placements
Emerge as a premier department developing high quality Telecommunication Engineering professionals with ethics and Eco- friendliness for the betterment of the society.
Impart quality education in Telecommunication Engineering by facilitating:
• Conducive learning environment and research activities
• Good communication skills, leadership qualities and ethics
• Strong Industry-Institute interaction
Faculty, Staff and Infrastructure
|Dr. C. S. Mala||BE, M Tech, PhD||HOD|
|Dr Jayadeva G S||BE (E&C), NMAMIT Nitte, M Tech ( DEAC), KREC (Present NITK) Surathkal, PhD (IIT Madras), PhD||Professor|
|Mr.Mallikarjuna Gowda C.P||BE, ME (PhD)||Associate Professor|
|Mrs. Surekha.R.Gondkar||BE, ME, (PhD)||Associate Professor|
|Mr. Raju Hajare||BE, M Tech , Submitted Ph.D Thesis||Associate Professor|
|Mrs. Thejaswini S||B.E , MTech (Ph.D)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Siddiq Iqbal||B.E, M Tech, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Banuprakash R||BE, MTech (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. H Ganapathy Hebbar||BE, MTech||Visiting Professor|
|Mrs. Saritha I G||BE, MTech(PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Sowmyashree M.S||BE, MTech(PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Sumathi M S||BE, M Tech, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs.Prathiba.N||BE,, MTech||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Raghunandan G H||BE,, M.Tech,(Ph.D)||Assistant Professor|
Left to Right : Mr.H.N.Prakash Kumar (Foreman), Mr.Srinivas Murthy.B (Instructor), Mrs.Geetha .N (Asst. Instructor), Mr.B.T.Balaji Singh (Asst. Instructor), Mr.M.N.Chalapathy (Asst. Instructor), Mr.Arun Kumar.R.N (Mechanic)
- The Department takes pride in the exemplary performances by students in VTU examinations. The results have been consistent. VTU Ranks by the department so far: 2017-Namratha S Y(10th rank);2016-Monika P (2nd rank), Sowmya M(4th rank), Raksha K J(5th rank), Bhavya L R(6th rank); 2013- Apoorva L.U (1st rank), Suhani Sushil Kumar Jain (5th rank); 2011- Arundeep.N (2nd rank), Ms.Shilpa.N.S(5th rank); 2010- Ms.Mahalakshmi S (6th rank); 2009- Narmada Arjunan (5th rank), Shruthi.D.M (8th rank) ; 2008- Sumi V R (10th rank) ; 2007- S.Balasubramanyam (4th rank).
- The Department has a TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING ASSOCIATION known as TEA. It is a unique platform for young aspiring minds to show case their technical and cultural talents.
- The Department of Telecommunications releases an annual magazine, known as TELECHRONICLE, wherein the students and staff technical publications, articles, arts and other contributions of the students and staff for the betterment of the department is published. The recognitions and awards won by the staff and students are also showcased.
- In the quest for academic excellence leading to global standards and to provide a platform for the students graduating from the portals of BMSIT, the Department has adopted the practice of Outcome Based Education (OBE).
- Mrs. Thejaswini S obtained " Best paper award" for the paper entitled “ Detection of human emotions using features based on discrete wavelet transforms of EEG signals" in International Conference on Emerging Trends in Science & Technologies for Engineering Systems held on 11th & 12 the January 2018 at SJC Institute of Technology, Chickballapur.
- Dr. C. S. Mala was the Resource person on “Arm Cortex-M3 processor” in the FDP held on 6th January 2018 at Cambridge Institute of Technology.
- Dr. C. S. Mala was the Keynote Speaker for “ Embedded Systems and Arm Cortex-M3 Processor” FDP on 4th January 2018at JSS Academy of Technical Education, Uttarahalli, Bengaluru.
- Dr. C S Mala was a resource person for Five Days Faculty Development Program on “Programming ARM Processor with Hands on using ESA KEIL ARM Cortex-M3 Evaluation Board" organized by department of TE in association with ELECTRO SYSYTEMS ASSOCIATES, Bengaluru held on 11th to 15th December 2017.
- Mr. Mallikarjuna Gowda C P was awarded as the Best Paper Presenter for the paper entitled “Design and Implementation of Real Time Wireless System for Vehicle Safety and Vehicle to Vehicle Communication" at International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, Communication, Computer and Optimization Techniques (ICEECCOT) - 2017, December 15th-16th 2017, Mysore
- Dr. C S Mala attended the BOE meeting at VTU, examination section , Belagavi on 28th September 2017.
- Prof. Ganapathy Hebbar G was invited by Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers(IETE), Bengaluru Centre to inaugurate a two days ” workshop on IELTS preparation” on 9th September 2017. He delivered a Key note address on Importance of English language in general and communication skills.
- Dr. C S Mala attended a meeting on 27th October 2017 at Apex Hi-tech Institute Bangalore to finalize the syllabus for Solar Technician CTS trade.
- Dr. G. S. Jayadeva was session chair for the National Conference on "Recent Advances in Electronics and Communication Engineering" held at Bapuji Institute of Engineering & Technology, Davangere on 13th October 2017.
- Dr. C S Mala and Mrs. Thejaswini S submitted a Proposal to VGST for KFIST (Level I) Programme for Infrastructure Enhancement of Advance Digital Signal Processing facilities in DSP Lab.
- Dr. C S Mala and Mrs. Sumathi M S submitted a Proposal to VGST for KFIST (Level I) Programme for Infrastructure Enhancement of ARM processor and IOT facilities in Microcontroller Lab.
- The IETE Students Forum was inaugurated by the Department of Telecommunication Engineering in 2015. A talk on Role of Semiconductors was delivered by Mr. D. G. Rao of LRDE on this occasion.
- STUDSAT, a consortium of seven engineering colleges from Bangalore and Hyderabad launched a PICO satellite (July 2010) by Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle, which is first of its kind in India. BMS Institute of Technology and Management participated in this project by providing both financial assistant and manpower assistant to this project from TCE and ECE Department.
- " Mou between Dept of Telecommunication Engg of BMSIT&M and Elint Labz, Bengaluru signed on 05.06.2018 headed by Mr.Raju Hajare,Associate Professor"
- A MOU between PEENYA INDUSTRIES ASSOCIATION and BMSIT&M was signed on 30.05.2018. This MOU was initiated and processed by Dr. C S Mala, HOD of TE and Mrs.Prathiba.N ,ASSISTANT PROFESSOR of Department of Telecommunication Engineering, BMSIT&M. This MOU provides for training on various engineering related fields, student project and internships for students and staff. It is also helpful for conducting workshops/FDPs on Engineering and skill development topics.
STUDENT WORKSHOP ON “ROBOTICS “
A 3-day workshop on Robotics for students was held with association of EDC cell IIT Roorkee during 1-8-17 to 3-8-17.
Calander of Events
Gender Champion Cell 1. Poster Presentation on “Gender Equality in Institutions”
20th April 2016 and 18th August 2017
Open day Project exhibition
Projects based on project based learning (PBL) of 2nd, 4th and 6th semester students was held on 16.5.2017
Project based Learning
. The project Based Learning projects exhibition conducted on 16.5.2017, we have invited Sri. S. Purushothaman, Scientist/Engr-SE from ISRO satellite centre, Bengaluru for evaluating the projects.
Jnanavardhana Schedule & Report
1st july 2017 at 11:30 – 1:00
A REPORT ON DELIBERATION ON “HEALTH, HYGIEN AND LEGAL ISSUES FOR WOMEN”
18th August 2017 at 1.00 pm.
Alumni Interaction on 4th November 2017
by the department Alumni Coordinator Mr. Siddiq Iqbal.
Fifth semester students were taken to Gauribidanur Observatory on 3rd November 2017 as part of Industry/Institute interaction
All the students actively participated and learnt with joy and fun. The students shared their ideas on the given topics through posters. This activity helped the students to improve communication skills & team work.
Expert talk on "ROBOTICS” on 22nd Sept 2017 under the aegis of Telecommunication Engineering Association (TEA) and Robotics Club. The speaker was Mr.YOGESH LONDHE Trainer in Robotics, Bangalore".
Five Days Faculty Development Program on “Programming ARM Processor with Hands on using ESA KEIL ARM Cortex-M3 Evaluation Board".
From 11th to 15th December 2017
Open course on “Mobile Communication” From 5th - 8th Feb 2018
Name of the Coordinators :Mrs Saritha I G & Mrs Sowmyshree M S
Workshop conducted on Robotics along with ECE dept.
Technical fest “TEKRUTHI 2.0”
14th October 2017
MOU between PIA & BMSIT&M
A MOU between PEENYA INDUSTRIES ASSOCIATION and BMSIT&M was signed on 30.05.2018. This MOU was initiated and processed by Dr. C S Mala, HOD of TE and Mrs.Prathiba.N ,ASSISTANT PROFESSOR of Department of Telecommunication Engineering, BMSIT&M.
FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM On “Artificial Intelligence and Robotics” 23rd to 27thJuly -2018
Name of the Coordinators :Mrs Saritha I G & Mrs Sowmyshree M S