- Holistic Approach
- Academics at BMSIT&M
- Library and Information Resource
- Time Table
- Study Material
- Student Empowerment
- Training & Placements
Faculty Internships2015-16 and 2016-17
Emerge as a premier department developing high quality Telecommunication Engineering professionals with ethics and Eco- friendliness for the betterment of the society.
Impart quality education in Telecommunication Engineering by facilitating:
• Conducive learning environment and research activities
• Good communication skills, leadership qualities and ethics
• Strong Industry-Institute interaction
Faculty, Staff and Infrastructure
|Dr. C. S. Mala||BE, M Tech, PhD||HOD|
|Dr Jayadeva G S||BE (E&C), NMAMIT Nitte, M Tech ( DEAC), KREC (Present NITK) Surathkal, PhD (IIT Madras), PhD||Professor|
|Mr.Mallikarjuna Gowda C.P||BE, ME (PhD)||Associate Professor|
|Mrs. Surekha.R.Gondkar||BE, ME, (PhD)||Associate Professor|
|Mr. Raju Hajare||BE, M Tech, (Ph.D)||Associate Professor|
|Mrs. Thejaswini S||BE, MTech (Ph.D)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Siddiq Iqbal||B.E, M Tech, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Banuprakash R||BE, MTech (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. H Ganapathy Hebbar||BE, MTech||Visiting Professor|
|Mrs. Saritha I G||BE, MTech(PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Sowmyashree M.S||BE, MTech||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Sumathi M S||BE, M Tech, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs.Prathiba.N||BE, MTech||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Raghunandan G H||BE, M.Tech,(Ph.D)||Assistant Professor|
Left to Right : Mr.H.N.Prakash Kumar (Foreman), Mr.Srinivas Murthy.B (Instructor), Mrs.Geetha .N (Asst. Instructor), Mr.B.T.Balaji Singh (Asst. Instructor), Mr.M.N.Chalapathy (Asst. Instructor), Mr.Arun Kumar.R.N (Mechanic)
- The Department takes pride in the exemplary performances by students in VTU examinations. The results have been consistent. VTU Ranks by the department so far: 2014- Apoorva L.U (1st rank), Suhani Sushil Kumar Jain (5th rank); 2011- Arundeep.N (1st rank) ; 2010- Ms.Mahalakshmi S (6th rank); 2009- Narmada Arjunan (5th rank), Shruthi.D.M (8th rank) ; 2008- Sumi V R (10th rank) ; 2007- S.Balasubramanyam (4th rank)
- The Department has a TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING ASSOCIATION known as TEA. It is a unique platform for young aspiring minds to show case their technical and cultural talents.
- The IETE Students Forum was inaugurated by the Department of Telecommunication Engineering in 2015. A talk on Role of Semiconductors was delivered by Mr. D. G. Rao of LRDE on this occasion.
- The Department of Telecommunications releases an annual magazine, known as. TELECHRONICLE, wherein the students and staff technical publications, articles, arts and other contributions of the students and staff for the betterment of the department is published. The recognitions and awards won by the staff and students are also showcased.
- In the quest for academic excellence leading to global standards and to provide a platform for the students graduating from the portals of BMSIT, the Department has adopted the practice of Outcome Based Education (OBE).
- STUDSAT, a consortium of seven engineering colleges from Bangalore and Hyderabad launched a PICO satellite (July 2010) by Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle, which is first of its kind in India. BMS Institute of Technology and Management participated in this project by providing both financial assistant and manpower assistant to this project from TCE and ECE Department.
STUDENT WORKSHOP ON “ROBOTICS “
A 3-day workshop on Robotics for students was held with association of EDC cell IIT Roorkee during 1-8-17 to 3-8-17.
Calander of Events
Gender Champion Cell 1. Poster Presentation on “Gender Equality in Institutions”
20th April 2016 and 18th August 2017
Open day Project exhibition
Projects based on project based learning (PBL) of 2nd, 4th and 6th semester students was held on 16.5.2017
Project based Learning
. The project Based Learning projects exhibition conducted on 16.5.2017, we have invited Sri. S. Purushothaman, Scientist/Engr-SE from ISRO satellite centre, Bengaluru for evaluating the projects.
Jnanavardhana Schedule & Report
1st july 2017 at 11:30 – 1:00
A REPORT ON DELIBERATION ON “HEALTH, HYGIEN AND LEGAL ISSUES FOR WOMEN”
18th August 2017 at 1.00 pm.