- Holistic Approach
- Academics at BMSIT&M
- Library and Information Resource
- Time Table
- Study Material
- Student Empowerment
- Training & Placements
Emerge as centre of learning in the field of information science & engineering with technical competency to serve the society.
To provide excellent learning environment through contemporary teaching methods, innovation, mentoring and industry institute interaction.
Faculty, Staff and Infrastructure
|Dr.Manjunath T N||B.E, M.Tech, PhD||Professor and Head|
|Dr. Pushpa S K||BE, Ph.D||Associate Professor|
|Mrs. Ashwini N||BE, M Tech, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Mahalakshmi S||BE-CSE, ME-CSE (Pursuing Ph.D)||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Shanthi D L||BE, M Tech, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Chandrashekhara K T||BE, M Tech, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Gireesh Babu C N||BE, M Tech, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Bhavya G||BE, M Tech||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Ambika Rani Subhash||BE, M Sc||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs Swetha M S||B E, M Tech, (Ph.D)||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Vinutha K||BE,, M Tech(Ph.D)||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Veena N||BE in Computer Science, MTech in Software Engineering||Assistant Professor|
Mr.P.Ashokkumar (Asst.Instructor), Mr. Raju.T , DCS,(BE) Assistant Instructor)
- The faculties have published over 60 research papers in the last few years in various National and International Conferences and Journals.
- The Department has been organizing conferences, workshops, expert lectures and student centric activities to encourage faculty and students to instill lifelong learning
- Department has been organizing an annual intercollege technical fest, “INFINIUM”, in which many students from various colleges and departments join in.
- In the quest for academic excellence leading to global standards and to provide a platform for the students graduating from the portals of BMSIT&M, the Department has adopted the practice of Outcome Based Education (OBE).
- To provide the knowledge of data importance and the current trends in the market department of ISE conducted one week FDP on “ Hadoop Ecosystem for Big Data” from 18th Jan to 23rd Jan 2016 in collaboration with Cogzy Technology Pvt Ltd. This was perceived by many faculty members of various colleges.
- To bring in the new insights in the field of Information Science and Engineering, department of ISE conducted a two days 2nd National Conference on “Recent Trends in Information Technology –NCRTIT-2016” on 21st and 22nd June 2016.
- To provide the knowledge about the technology and to create social awareness, department of ISE conducted an Industrial Visits to BSNL Exchange office Bangalore, Human Brain Museum, Neurobiology Research Centre, NIMHANS Bangalore.
- To unite and showcase the talents of students, department of ISE conducted a techno forum activity in the area of art, cultural and technology, under department forum INFINIUM, an event named SIGNUM-2016 held on 22nd August 2016, where various college students were participated.
- Department of ISE published and released a Research Bulletin-2016, by Principal; Research Bulletin comprises the research activities of the faculty members and their new ideas and publication in their field of research.
- Department of ISE releases Bi-annual Newsletter “JNAN” every semester, which includes different activities of students and faculty members.
- Mr. Agneya Koushik, 1st semester ISE won ZOWIE EXTREMELANDS ASIA INDIA champioships and represented India and participated in ZowieExtremelands CS:GO 2016 Grand finals held inShanghai China.
- Mr Kalash Khotar, 5th Semester ISE, successfully completed his industry internship in PARKYERI AS, Kabatas Istanbul, Turkey during July 2016, and completed project titled “Weather Box” over there.
- Department of ISE arranged skill development programmes under “TECHNO STUDENT FORUM” for various subjects such as “ MatLab as Programming Tool” and “Simulation tools of Analog and Digital Circuits”.
- To provide the new career option for students, department of ISE organized an Expert Talk on CAREER GUIDANCE & GATE OPPORTUNITIES by Dr. Indrani Pramod Kelar, VP, GATEFORUM on August 30th 2016, as an outcome around 20 plus students were enrolled for GATE-2017.
- Many Students and Faculty members are actively involved in industry internships with different companies to understand current trends and technologies so that they can bridge the gap between industry and academia.
- Mr. Bharath Aditya student of 7th semester ISE, has been selected as HEAD of Planning and Public Relations of Bangalore chapter, World Merit India, NGO.
- Mr. Arpan Karki, student of 5th Semester ISE, has played for college football team and won championship of Bangalore North Zone.
- Business Idea Mr.Naveen Kumar N, student of 5th semester ISE, is shortlisted for MANTHAN-2016 contest, organized by FEDERATION OF KARNATAKA CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE & INDUSTRY, K G Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka. The Manthan-2016 is a competition among the graduate and post graduate students in Karnataka to evaluate, recognize and reward the three best original commercially viable and implementable business proposals.
- Ms. Shreya, Ms. Rachana. Ms. Sanjana 6th semester ISE students, got best paper award for titled “ Study on Big Data Analytics- User Perception” in National Conference on Emerging Trends and Advances in Information Technology conducted by department of CS&E, AIT, Chikmagalur, Jan 29th & 30th under the guidance of Dr. Manjunath T N, Professor, Dept. of ISE.
- Mr. Bharath Aditya and Mohammed Ameen, 6th semester students of ISE has launched Melange Foundation at BMSIT&M, Bengaluru on 1st November 2015. As a part of this Foundation various activities is been conducted like Walkfree dramatic in various events in college etc.,
- Mr. Prateek Kalita 6th Semester student of ISE, Won first prize in coding contest conducted as part of Tech Transform- 2016 on 19th and 20th Feb 2016.
- Ms. Rachan R C, 6th semester student ISE, won first prize in Biz Shark conducted as part of Tech Transform- 2016 on 19th and 20th Feb 2016.
- In order to provide the practical knowledge on the basic concepts of Mechanical engineering, for 1st semester ISE Students, department organized a visit to Visvesvaraya Museum, Bengaluru, on 22nd Sept 2016.
- Selected final year projects sent as a proposal to different funding agencies
- Dr. Manjunath T N, Professor, HOD ISE, has authored two chapters named “Need of Hadoop and Map Reduce for processing and Managing Big Data” and “Essentiality of Machine Learning Algorithms for Big Data Computation”.
- Mr. Akshat Gupta, 3rd Semester ISE student, an entrepreneur and managing a company named “AKSHAT SOLUTIONS” with annual turnover of 5Lakhs, who is also involved in providing automation solutions for the college as well as for the department, such as a Proctoring automation system BIMS and so on.
- Project titled “Design of Smart Homes using IOT”, got funding from KSCST, under the guidance of Prof Chandrashekhara K T for the year 2015-16.
- Department of ISE empowered the students to get placed in various companies, and around 80% of the current final year students got placed