- Holistic Approach
- Academics at BMSIT&M
- Library and Information Resource
- Time Table
- Study Material
- Student Empowerment
- Training & Placements
Department NewslettersTvaksati_Civil Newsletter
To create a Centre in pursuit of excellence in Civil Engineering Education, Research, Entrepreneurship and industry outreach services for a constantly changing societal need with credibility, integrity and ethical standards.
Accomplish excellence in academic and extracurricular activities with a committed faculty through teaching, research and industry interaction which creates technically competent and dedicated civil engineers to serve the society with honour and pride.
Faculty, Staff and Infrastructure
|Dr. Jagadish Vengala||B.Tech., (Civil Engineering), M.Tech., (Construcion Technology), PhD||HOD|
|Dr Rajesh Gopinath||B.E. (Env. Engg.), M.Tech. (Env. Engg.), MBA (HRM), PGD Env. Law,, PhD||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Guruprasad Y K||B.E, M.Tech(Structures) , PhD ( IISc : Structures)||Associate Professor|
|Shiva Prakash M V||BE, MTech||Assistant Professor|
|Prasanna.G||BTech (Civil Engineering), ME (Environmental Engineering), pursuing PhD||Assistant Professor|
|Manish Shashikant Dharek||B.E. (Civil),, M.Tech.(Construction Technology.), pursuing Ph.D||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Shobha R||B.E (Civil Engineering), M.Tech (CAD Structures)||Assistant Professor|
|Archana K||BE, MTech ( Water Resources Engg & Management), NITK||Assistant Professor|
|Shimna Manoharan||B.Tech, M.Tech (IIT Bombay)||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. SOUMYADIPTA SARKAR||B.E, M.Tech, PhD||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Vinod.B.R||B.E. (Civil Engineering)., M.Tech. (Geo technical Engineering ).||Assistant Professor|
Mr. Siddananjaih ( Lab Assistant), Mr. Anthony Raj ( Lab Assistant)
- Dr. Jagadish Vengala, HoD, has been awarded “The Innovative Student Projects Award 2015” for Innovative PhD Thesis on “Seismic Response Study of bamboo based Constructions” during INAE’s Annual Convention at DIAT, Pune on 10th December 2015. The award has been conferred by the Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE), an organization setup by the Government of India for advancement of engineering and technology. His thesis is the first doctoral thesis from VTU to get awarded at Doctoral level since the inception (1999) of the award.
- Dr. Rajesh Gopinath, Associate Professor was felicitated with the Best Alumni Achiever Award on 16th April 2016, at Vidya Vardaka College of Engineering.
- More than 70 students of all semesters have undergone internship for esteemed companies such as Legacy, Purvankara, Prestige, Karnataka Testing House, Bharath Builders etc.
- Students Swati Varma and Monisha K Y (V SEM) have received CREDAI Educational Scholarship Fund (CESF) 2016 worth Rs.50, 000/- on 24th September 2016. This is conducted by Confederation of Real Estate Developers’ Associations of India
- A visit was made to the GKVK campus to study about the Biogas plant set up in the campus on 8th September 2016. Our Principal Dr. Mohan Babu G N along with Dr Jagadish Vengala, HOD & Mrs, Prasanna.G , Assistant Professor , participated in the visit.
- Industrial visit was organised to the Vrishbhavathy Valley Sewage Treatment Plant for VII semester students on 27th September 2016
- Students Sachin V Govind & Shiva Kumar Mangloore won second place for the technical paper “Smart Buildings for Smart Cities” submitted & presented at the 12th ISTE Karnataka State Students Convention-2015 held at SDM, Ujjre on 12th September
- 8. Students Raju S and Nitin Kumar of V Sem won second place in the debate competition conducted by Power Grid Corporation of India in association of BMSIT&M on the topic “Privatization of Engineering Education in India” on 29th October 2015.
- Students Sachin V Govind & Bharath of Vth semester won second place for the technical paper “Carbonation as an energy efficient alternative for steam curing of CMU blocks and precast concrete” submitted & CONCRETE FAIR-15 held at RVCE, Bangalore on 15th October 2015
- BMS Institute of Technology and Management has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with MEDINI (AUTODESK) in the year 2015 aiming for training students and faculties.
- Tvaksati – the quarterly newsletter published from the Department, as a part of disseminating various achievements and activities organized in the Department.
- The faculties are actively involved in outreach activities by delivering Technical Talks and chairing many conferences across the state.
- Department has produced over 15 research publications by the faculty members in various international and national journals as well as international and national conferences in the past two years.
- In order to bridge the gap between industry and academia and to make students familiar with modern tools workshops are conducted in association with industry personnel.
- Students from CIVIL Department have published more than 30 papers in various national and international, conferences.