- Holistic Approach
- Academics at BMSIT&M
- Library and Information Resource
- Time Table
- Study Material
- Student Empowerment
- Training & Placements
To create a Centre of excellence in Civil Engineering Education, Research, Entrepreneurship and industry outreach services for a constantly changing societal need with credibility, integrity and ethical standards.
Accomplish excellence in academic and extracurricular activities with a quality teaching, research and industry interaction which creates
echnically competent and dedicated civil engineers to serve the societal needs.
Faculty, Staff and Infrastructure
|Dr Rajesh Gopinath||B.E. (Env. Engg.), M.Tech. (Env. Engg.), MBA (HRM), PGD Env. Law,, PhD||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Guruprasad Y K||B.E, M.Tech(Structures) , PhD ( IISc : Structures)||Associate Professor|
|Prasanna.G||BTech (Civil Engineering), ME (Environmental Engineering), pursuing PhD||Assistant Professor|
|Manish Shashikant Dharek||B.E. (Civil),, M.Tech.(Construction Technology.), pursuing Ph.D||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Shobha R||B.E (Civil Engineering), M.Tech (CAD Structures)||Assistant Professor|
|Archana K||BE, MTech ( Water Resources Engg & Management), NITK||Assistant Professor|
|Shimna Manoharan||B.Tech, M.Tech (IIT Bombay)||Assistant Professor|
|Deepak G B||B.E, M.Tech, PhD||Assistant Professor|
|Geetha Kuntoji||B E, M Tech, PhD||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Vinod.B.R||B.E. (Civil Engineering)., M.Tech. (Geo Technical Engineering ).||Assistant Professor|
Mr. Siddananjaih ( Lab Assistant), Mr. Anthony Raj ( Lab Assistant)
- Mr. Vinod B R, Assistant professor Department of Civil Engineering has published a text book “Basic Geotechnical Engineering” .The citation is “Vinod B R and H S Vishwanath ,BASIC GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING ,Sapna Publication 2017,first edition, ISBN-978-93-86381-75-0
- Dr Guruprasad Y K, Associate Professor , Department of Civil Engineering has submitted a project proposal titled “ Retrofitting of RC beam having discontinuity in corroded tension reinforcement with shear deficiency using Glass Fibre Reinforced Polymer ” to KCST and it has been accepted and an amount of Rs 6000 has been sanctioned for the project . Arjun Poudel, Abhiral Uprety , Akhilesh Singh, and Nikesh Dahal are the team members of the project and the team presented KSCST Project Review at Sapthagiri College of Engineering on 20th May 2017.
- Dr Rajesh Gopinath, Associate Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, Doctoral Research has been honoured with as the "Most Contributing Research Outcome" for 2015-16, by Hiillgrove Research Pvt Ltd. on 26th May 2017.
- Five day Faculty Development Program on “Stability of Structures and Applications of FEM” was organised and conducted by Department of Civil Engineering in association with Vishveshwarya Technological University, Belgavi during 23rd January – 28th January 2017.
- Finishing School activity was set to pace in Department of Civil Engineering on 4th March 2017. Finishing School aims at skill development of the final year students and make them industry ready and employable. Dr Arulnathan Kannaiyan, Construction head, ARGE realty delivered a technical talk on “Career Opportunities in Civil Engineering for fresh graduates. The entire session was involved around group activities and interaction with the speaker.
- The third Edition of Employers Meet was held on the 11th of March organised on “Industry Ready Engineers” for the students of Dept. of Civil Engineering
- Dr. Jagadish Vengala, Associate Professor and HoD, Department of Civil Engineering , delivered invited talk on topic “Seismic Performance on Bamboo Based Constructions” on 25th February 2017 at Inaugural function of the Training cum Workshop on “ Building with Bamboo” jointly organized by South Asia Bamboo Foundation ( SABF) and Forest and Environment Department , Government of Assam at Hotel Brahmaputra , Assam.
- Swathi Verma and Monisha KY of 5th semester civil engineering students received CREDAI scholarship for the year 2016-2017. The scholarship worth Rs 50,000 was received by the students on 24th September 2016. CREDAI Educational Scholarship Fund (CESF) 2016 is conducted by Confederation of Real Estate Developers’ Associations of India . Under the CESF-2016 program, CREDAI has selected 148 students across nation, to be awarded scholarship.
- Dr. Jagadish Vengala was been awarded “The Innovative Student Projects Award 2015” for Innovative PhD Thesis on “Seismic Response Study of bamboo based Constructions” during INAE’s Annual Convention at DIAT, Pune on 10th December 2015. The award has been conferred by the Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE), an organization setup by the Government of India for advancement of engineering and technology. His thesis is the first doctoral thesis from VTU to get awarded at Doctoral level since the inception (1999) of the award
- Dr. Rajesh Gopinath ,Associate Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, was felicitated with Best Alumni Achiever Award on 16th April 2016, at Vidya Vardhaka College of Engineering, Mysuru
- Students Sachin V Govind & Shivakumar Mangloor won second place for the technical paper “Smart Buildings for Smart Cities” submitted & presented at the 12th ISTE Karnataka State Students Convention-2015 held at SDM, Ujjre on 12th September