- Holistic Approach
- Academics at BMSIT&M
- Library and Information Resource
- Time Table
- Study Material
- Student Empowerment
- Training & Placements
To create a Centre in pursuit of excellence in Civil Engineering Education, Research, Entrepreneurship and industry outreach services for a constantly changing societal needs with credibility, integrity, and ethical standards.
Accomplish excellence in academic and extracurricular activities with a committed faculty through teaching, research, and industry interaction which creates technically competent and dedicated civil engineers to serve the society with honour and pride.
|Retrofitting of RC Beams having discontinuity in tension reinforcment with shear deficiency using glass fibre reinforced polymer(GFRP)||Dr Guruprasad||2016- 2017||6000.0||KSCST||Completed|
|Retrofitting of damaged reinforced concrete compression members (short columns) adopting RC jacketing technique||Dr Guruprasad||2017- 2018||7000.0||KSCST||Completed|
|Sewage turbines: hydropower opportunities from treated sewage water||Ms Archana||2017 - 2018||7000.0||KSCST||Completed|
|Feasible use of recycled concrete aggregate in rigid pavement construction||Vinod B R||2017 - 2018||6123.0||Koushik consultants, Chamarajapuram||Completed|
|Performance of Autoclaved Aerated Concrete Blocks under varying temperatures||Dr. Jagadish Vengala and Mrs Archana K||2017 - 2018||20000.0||Ultratech Cements Ltd||Completed|
|Use of GGBS in manufacturing of concrete blocks||Dr. Jagadish Vengala and Mr Manish S Dharek||2017 - 2018||19800.0||JSW Cements Ltd||Completed|
Faculty, Staff and Infrastructure
|Dr Rajesh Gopinath||B.E. (Env. Engg.), M.Tech. (Env. Engg.), MBA (HRM), PGD Env. Law,, PhD||HOD|
|Mrs. Shobha R||B.E (Civil Engineering), M.Tech (CAD Structures)||Assistant Professor|
|Manish Shashikant Dharek||B.E. (Civil),, M.Tech.(Construction Technology.), pursuing Ph.D||Assistant Professor|
|Archana K||BE, MTech ( Water Resources Engg & Management), NITK||Assistant Professor|
|Shimna Manoharan||BTech(Hons), MTech- Geotechnical Engineering (IIT Bombay)||Assistant Professor|
|Prasanna.G||BTech (Civil Engineering), ME (Environmental Engineering), pursuing PhD||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Vinod.B.R||B.E. (Civil Engineering)., M.Tech. (Geo Technical Engineering ).||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Sreedhara B M||B.E (Civil Engineering), M.Tech (CAD Structures), PhD||Assistant Professor|
|Lakshmi H S||B E (CIVIL ENGINEERING), MTech (STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING) (PhD)||Teaching Assistant|
(From Left) : Pooja (Asst. Instructor), Mahesh Kumara AM (Asst. Instructor), Ravi Kiran KC (Mechanic), Siddananjaiah (Mechanic), Anthony Raj (Asst. Instructor)
- 2 Socio-Research Articles written by Dr Rajesh Gopinath (Assoc. Prof &HoD) titled “Constructive and Voluntary Role Undertaken by an Eco-Club (Chapter 39, pp.416-423)” and “Ecological Inventory for an Educational Institution's Campus (Chapter 40, pp.424-431)” have been published as Chapters in the Textbook South-Eastern Book Agencies, Guwahati.
- The UG Project (Project proposal Ref No: 41S_BE_1665) ?Sewage Turbines: Hydropower Opportunities from Treated Sewage Water? guided by Mrs. Archana K, won the Best Project of the year. The project was presented by students Harshitha S, Sathyanarayan K R, Nikhil M V, Pratik Paul at the 41st Series KSCST State Level Seminar & Exhibition of Student Project Programme (SPP) projects was held at Bapuji Institute of Technology, Davangere on 10-11 Aug 2018.The project was evaluated by Professors from IISc.
- Ms. Swathivarma R (1BY15CV410) and Monisha KY (1BY14CV030), 8 th Sem-CV have won best technical paper presentation in the International Convention on Environmental Protection through Sustainable Waste Management, organised by Sanitation WASTE Management and Environmental 2. Engineering Research Centre, MSRUAS, Bengaluru during 3-4 August 2018
- Mr. Vinod B R, Assistant professor Department of Civil Engineering has published a text book ?Basic Geotechnical Engineering? .The citation is ?Vinod B R and H S Vishwanath ,BASIC GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING ,Sapna Publication 2017,first edition, ISBN-978-93-86381-75-0
- Dr Rajesh Gopinath, Associate Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, Doctoral Research has been honoured with as the "Most Contributing Research Outcome" for 2015-16, by Hiillgrove Research Pvt Ltd. on 26th May 2017
- Dr Guruprasad Y K, Associate Professor , Department of Civil Engineering has submitted a project proposal titled ? Retrofitting of RC beam having discontinuity in corroded tension reinforcement with shear deficiency using Glass Fibre Reinforced Polymer ? to KCST and it has been accepted and an amount of Rs 6000 has been sanctioned for the project . Arjun Poudel, Abhiral Uprety , Akhilesh Singh, and Nikesh Dahal are the team members of the project and the team presented KSCST Project Review at Sapthagiri College of Engineering on 20th May 2017.
- Finishing School activity was set to pace in Department of Civil Engineering on 4th March 2017. Finishing School aims at skill development of the final year students and make them industry ready and employable. Dr Arulnathan Kannaiyan, Construction head, ARGE realty delivered a technical talk on ?Career Opportunities in Civil Engineering for fresh graduates. The entire session was involved around group activities and interaction with the speaker.
- Dr. Jagadish Vengala, Associate Professor and HoD, Department of Civil Engineering , delivered invited talk on topic ?Seismic Performance on Bamboo Based Constructions? on 25th February 2017 at Inaugural function of the Training cum Workshop on ? Building with Bamboo? jointly organized by South Asia Bamboo Foundation ( SABF) and Forest and Environment Department , Government of Assam at Hotel Brahmaputra , Assam.
- Five day Faculty Development Program on ?Stability of Structures and Applications of FEM? was organised and conducted by Department of Civil Engineering in association with Vishveshwarya Technological University, Belgavi during 23rd January ? 28th January 2017.
- Swathi Verma and Monisha KY of 5th semester civil engineering students received CREDAI scholarship for the year 2016-2017. The scholarship worth Rs 50,000 was received by the students on 24th September 2016. CREDAI Educational Scholarship Fund (CESF) 2016 is conducted by Confederation of Real Estate Developers? Associations of India . Under the CESF-2016 program, CREDAI has selected 148 students across nation, to be awarded scholarship.
- Dr. Rajesh Gopinath ,Associate Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, was felicitated with Best Alumni Achiever Award on 16th April 2016, at Vidya Vardhaka College of Engineering, Mysuru
- Dr. Jagadish Vengala was been awarded ?The Innovative Student Projects Award 2015? for Innovative PhD Thesis on ?Seismic Response Study of bamboo based Constructions? during INAE?s Annual Convention at DIAT, Pune on 10th December 2015. The award has been conferred by the Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE), an organization setup by the Government of India for advancement of engineering and technology. His thesis is the first doctoral thesis from VTU to get awarded at Doctoral level since the inception (1999) of the award
- Students Sachin V Govind & Shivakumar Mangloor won second place for the technical paper ?Smart Buildings for Smart Cities? submitted & presented at the 12th ISTE Karnataka State Students Convention-2015 held at SDM, Ujjre on 12th September
- The third Edition of Employers Meet was held on the 11th of March organised on ?Industry Ready Engineers? for the students of Dept. of Civil Engineering
Project Based Learning
Final Year Projects
Open Course on Sustainable Housing
12/02/2019 to 16/02/2019
Induction Programme Report
13th August to 1st Septmeber 2018
A 1-day Hands-on Training on "Total Station"
Dept. of Civil Engineering in collaboration with Lawrence & Mayo, on 24th July 2018, for the technical Staff of Civil Engineering, as a part of Staff Development Program
A 5-days Hands-on Training on "Application of GIS & Remote Sensing using Open-source Software"
Dept. of Civil Engineering & Placement Cell at BMSIT&M in collaboration with KCube Consultancy Services Pvt. Ltd; from 20th to 25th July 2018, for the Students of Civil Engineering.
Dept Activities (June-Sept 2018)
Project Based Learning (PBL)
16th May 2017.
Cinnovil 2017, 2016
25th of April 2017 - 2016
INDIAN CONCRETE INSTITUTE:
INDIAN CONCRETE INSTITUTE –STUDENT CHAPTER,