- Holistic Approach
- Academics at BMSIT&M
- Library and Information Resource
- Time Table
- Study Material
- Student Empowerment
- Training & Placements
To develop quality professionals in Computer Applications who can provide sustainable solutions to the societal and industrial needs
Facilitate effective learning environment through quality education, state-of-the-art facilities, and orientation towards research and entrepreneurial skills.
Faculty, Staff and Infrastructure
|Dr. Arunkumar B R||BSc,, MCA, M.Phil(CS),MTech(CSE),PGDIPR-NLSIU,, PhD||Professor and Head|
|Mr. P.Ganesh||BSc, MCA||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Aparna K||BSc, MCA, MPhil, PhD||Associate Professor|
|Dr.Nagabhushan S.V||, MCA , PhD||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Dwarakanath G V||BSc, MCA, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Shivakumara T||BSc, MCA, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Reshma C R||BSc, MCA||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Drakshaveni G||BSc,, MCA,MTech(CST),(PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Nirupama B K||BSc, MCA||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. M.Sridevi||BSc, MCA, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Venkatesh A||BSc, MCA, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Sudarsanam P||B.Sc,, MCA, M.E(CSE)||Assistant Professor|
Left to Right : Mr.Muralidhara K.N (Asst.Instructor), Mr.Shashi kiran J.S (Instructor).
- The faculty members/Students have published nearly 100 in various reputed National/International Journals, as well as in peer-reviewed National/International Conferences, including conferences organized by IEEE and ELESEVIER.
- The Department is been recognized as Research Center since 2016-17 with 2 Ph. D holders and 6 Research scholars.
- The department has earned 9 VTU ranks since its inception.
- The Department organizes industrial visits for the higher semester students in order to impart holistic education and a better understanding of the theoretical concepts. The various educational visits for the previous years have included visits to KTwo Technologies, CISCO, and TCS etc.
- Nagabhusan S.V is been awarded Ph.D. degree by the VTU during the 17th Convocation.
- Department of MCA publishes annual newsletter called “AGRATHA”, Research compendium called “SAMSHODANA” and Project abstracts are published in “TechSangraha”.
- The department organizes “Samshodhana Samvaadha” similar to Jannavardana which is conducted at institute level.
- The department conducts project/problem based learning to improve analytical / analyzing skills at various cognitive levels.
- The assignments are given at higher Bloom’s cognitive levels (K4 to K6).
- The department conducts student’s seminar beyond the syllabus on contemporary topic with research orientation.
- The MCA alumni contributes as a resource person for workshop/expert talk/ career guidance.
- The department TLP focuses on case study based learning and innovative question in Internal Tests and blended learning in its Outcome Based Education (OBE) Model.
- The department organizes “Joy of Giving” as Academic Social Responsibility every semester since 2013-14.
- The department organizes Alumni interaction and Parents Teacher Meeting every semester.
- To review the progress and to identify the curriculum gap of the department, DAB meeting is conducted every semester.
DataBase Management System Student Centric Activities – Co-operative Learning Class Activity
Introduction to Web
Open Day - Project Exhibition as Project Based Learning
16th May 2017
Calendar of Events
2017-18 ODD SEM
Social club " JOF OF GIVING"
Some of the work carried under this club is attached. Under this club Thanks giving was organized for the diginity labors. The event's video is published. You can watch it on - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHs0xUlAhVU
BEST PROJECT BASED LEARNING
The Best project in 4th and 6th Semester
Project Based Learning
2nd Semester Students Explaining about their Projects
Alumni meet - 2014
IPR/Cyber security workshop
October 13-14, 2017