- Holistic Approach
- Academics at BMSIT&M
- Library and Information Resource
- Time Table
- Study Material
- Student Empowerment
- Training & Placements
To develop quality professionals in Computer Applications who can provide sustainable solutions to the societal and industrial needs
Facilitate effective learning environment through quality education, state-of-the-art facilities, and orientation towards research and entrepreneurial skills.
Faculty, Staff and Infrastructure
|Dr.Arunkumar B R||BSc,, MCA, M.Phil(CS),MTech(CSE),PGDIPR-NLSIU,, PhD||Professor and Head|
|Mr. P.Ganesh||BSc, MCA||Associate Professor|
|Ms. Aparna K||BSc, MCA, MPhil, (PhD)||Associate Professor|
|Dr.Nagabhushan S.V||BSc, MCA, PhD||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Dwarakanath G V||BSc, MCA, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Shivakumara T||BSc, MCA, M.Tech-(IT), (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Reshma C R||BSc, MCA||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Drakshaveni G||BSc,, MCA,MTech(CST),(PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. Nirupama B K||BSc, MCA||Assistant Professor|
|Mrs. M.Sridevi||BSc, MCA, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Venkatesh A||BSc, MCA, (PhD)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Sudarsanam P||B.Sc,, MCA, M.E(CSE)||Assistant Professor|
Left to Right : Mr.Shashi kiran J.S (Instructor), Mr.Muralidhara K.N (Asst.Instructor)
- The staff and students have published nearly 100 research papers in various reputed National/International Journals, as well as in peer-reviewed National/International Conferences, including conferences organized by IEEE and ELESEVIER.
- Many of the students are currently working as interns in various IT organizations with a few of the students also working on R&D projects as part of sixth semester utilizing new facilities created by the Department and expertise of the faculty working in different areas.
- Ms. Aparna K, Assoc. Prof & Mr. Shivakumara T, Asst. Prof of Dept. of MCA guided an Innovative Project in the Department titled ?Automated Lighting System using Raspberry PI?.
- The Department also organizes a variety of workshops, seminars and other student learning activities for the improvement of practical and theoretical knowledge and innovation.
- In the quest for academic excellence leading to global standards and to provide a platform for the students graduating from the portals of BMSIT, the Department has adopted the practice of Outcome Based Education (OBE).
- BMS Institute of Technology and Management has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with BMTC (2014) and BMS Hospital (2013).
- A project proposal by M. Shridevi entitled, "Automated Intrusion Alert System" was funded by BMS Trust.
- The Department organizes industrial visits for the higher semester students in order to impart holistic education and a better understanding of the theoretical concepts. The various educational visits for the previous years have included visits to K2 Technologies and Cisco.
- A yearly newsletter, ?Agrattha?, is published by the Department; it is a newsletter containing ongoing activities of the Department as well as current and noteworthy articles of scientific interest; contributed to by both faculty as well as students.
DataBase Management System Student Centric Activities – Co-operative Learning Class Activity