Dr. Karabi Sikdar
BSc (Honours) MSc, Ph. D (IIT, KGP), Post Doctoral Fellow (IISc, Bangalore) Ph.D, Professor
Post-Doctoral Fellow, Department of Mathematics, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, Aug. 2005 -- July 2008.
Phone: 9448505128 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Teaching : 11
Research : 18
- Operation Research
- Stochastic Processes and Computer Communication Systems
- Queueing Theory: Discrete and Continuous times
Memberships in professional bodies
- 1. Life time Member of Global Research & Development Services, Association for Development of Teaching, Education and Learning (ADTEL), April 15, 2017 (Membership Number: ADTEL-M17322).
- 2. Life time Member of Operational Research Society of India, December 22, 2016 (Membership Number: 1233/K/16/ML).
- 3. Member of International Association of Engineers (IAENG) 2013 - (Membership Number: 128260).
- 4. Member of International Indian Statistical Association, 2008-2009.
Invite Talks Delivered: 4
- One week faculty development programme on Applications of Probability and Statistics organized by Department of Mathematics, BMS Institute of Technology & Management, Bengaluru, June 4 - 8, 2018. - Jun, 2018
- ICT & Modeling in Applied Mathematics held on January 30 – February 1, 2017 at BMS Institute of Technology & Management, Organized by Departments of Mathematics. - May, 2017
- Two days Workshop on Scilab Programming held on 15th -16th December 2014 at BMS Institute of Technology, Organized by Departments of Mathematics. - May, 2017
- One day Workshop on Mobile Communication Networks and its optimization held on 17th December 2013 at BMS Institute of Technology, Organized by Departments of Telecommunication Engineering & Mathematics. - May, 2017
- National Conference on Electronics, Computers & Computation held on 10th October 2013 at BMS Institute of Technology, Organized by Departments of Computer Science & Engineering, Information Science & Engineering and Mathematics. - May, 2017
- One day Workshop on Mathematical Modeling and its Applications held on 13th April 2011 at BMS Institute of Technology, Organized by Departments of Mathematics. - May, 2017
|One week faculty development programme on Emerging Trends in Mathematics and Its Applications||28-01-2019|
|5 days faculty development programme on Artificial Intelligence and Robotics organized by Department of Telecommunication Engineering, BMS Institute of Technology & Management, Bengaluru, July 23 - 27, 2018.||23-07-2018|
|Ten days Faculty Internship program, Unique Punch Systems Pvt Ltd., Bangalore||20-06-2018|
|One week faculty development programme on Applications of Probability and Statistics organized by Department of Mathematics, BMS Institute of Technology & Management, Bengaluru, June 4 - 8, 2018||04-06-2018|
|9th International Conference on Engineering Technology, Science and Management Innovation (ICETSMI-2017) organized by Mahratta Chamber Of Commerce Industries & Agriculture (MCCIA) Pune||31-12-2017|
|Five day Workshop on Research Promotion Workshop (How to write Effective Research Proposals?) organized by Research Council, BMS Institute of Technology & Management, Bengaluru||24-07-2017|
|Ten days Faculty Internship program, Suprajit Engineering Limited, Bangalore||11-07-2017|
|International Conference on Wearable Technologies (ICOWT- 17), organized jointly by Dayananda Sagar University, School of Engineering, Bangalore, and Institute for Engineering Research & Publication (IFERP)||22-06-2017|
|Three day FDP on ICT & Modeling in Applied Mathematics organized by Department of Mathematics, BMS Institute of Technology & Management, Bengaluru||30-01-2017|
|Five day FDP on Research Methodology organized by Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, BMS Institute of Technology & Management, Bengaluru||23-01-2017|
|One week faculty development programme on Discrete Mathematics, Modeling & Computational Techniques in Science and Engineering organized by Department of Mathematics, M. S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bengaluru||16-01-2017|
|One day workshop on Bloom’s Taxonomy and Outcomes Based Education, organized by BMS Institute of Technology and Management, Bengaluru||29-11-2016|
|International Conference on Frontiers in Optimization: Theory and Applications (FOTA -2016), organized by Operational Research Society of India, Calcutta Chapter and Department of Mathematics, Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata||24-11-2016|
|Three day workshop on IUCEE International Engineering Educator Pre-Certification Workshop organized by PES University, Bengaluru||18-07-2016|
|Ten days Faculty Internship program, BSNL Broadband Network, Bangalore||20-06-2016|
|Wolfram Technology Conference, Hotel La Marvella, Bengaluru.||18-01-2016|
|Three days faculty development programme on Applied Mathematics in Engineering organized by Department of Mathematics, M. S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bengaluru||12-01-2016|
|Two days workshop on Renewable Energy Technologies & its Applications organized by Departments of Mechanical, Electrical & Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, BMS Institute of Technology & Management, Bengaluru||10-09-2015|
|Three days faculty development programme on Applied Mathematical Modelling, organized by Department of Mathematics, M. S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bengaluru||13-07-2015|
|5th IEEE International Advance Computing Conference, organized jointly by BMS College of Engineering (BMSCE) and IEEE Bangalore Section||12-06-2015|
|National workshop on Stochastic Modelling in Physical and Biological Sciences in Honour of Prof. J. Medhi organized by Institute of Advance Study in Science and Technology, Guwahati||05-02-2015|
|Two day workshop on SCILAB PROGRAMMING organized by BMS Institute of Technology, Department of Mathematics, Bangalore||14-12-2014|
|One day seminar on Statistical Modeling, Analysis and its Applications to Engineering, MSRIT, Bangalore||08-07-2014|
|One week faculty development program on Linear Algebra and its Applications, Department of Mathematics, BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore||16-06-2014|
|Workshop on Mobile Communication Networks and its optimization, BMS Institute of Technology, Bangalore||17-12-2013|
|National Conference on Electronics, Computers & Computation, organized jointly by Departments of Computer Science & Engineering, Information Science & Engineering and Mathematics, BMS Institute of Technology||10-10-2013|
|One day seminar on MATTLAB & Simulink for Engg. Education, Bangalore||06-03-2012|
|International Conference on Mathematical Sciences in Honour of Professor A. M. Mathai, Department of Statistics, St. Thomas College Pala, Kottayam, Kerala||03-01-2011|
|Workshop on Teaching Learning Methods, BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore||02-08-2010|
|Workshop on Communication Networks, IISc Mathematics Initiative (IMI), Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore||23-07-2007|
|International Conference on Stochastic Process and Applications, IISc Mathematics Initiative (IMI), Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore||16-07-2007|
|Joint Statistical Meeting and International Conference on Statistics, Probability and Related Areas, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi||02-01-2007|
|Workshop on Brownian Motion, ISI Bangalore||09-06-2003|
|Workshop on Matrix Analytic Methods, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi||22-12-2002|
|International Conference on Stochastic Modelling and IV International Workshop on Retrial Queues, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi||17-12-2002|
- Calculus & Linear Algebra
- Engineering Mathematics – I
- Engineering Mathematics – II
- Engineering Mathematics – III
- Engineering Mathematics – IV
- Advanced Mathematics – I
- Advanced Mathematics – II
- Discrete Mathematical Structure
- Operational Research and Engineering Management
- MCA- Mathematics
- Open Course on “Engineering Optimization Techniques with Real Life Applications”
- Open Course on “Differential Equations: Theory & Hands on using Python”
- Open Course on “Probability Distributions”
- Member of Research Council, 2016-
- Member of Innovation Centre, 2016-
- Internal Chair Person on 10th October 2013 for the first National Conference on Electronics, Computers & Computation, Organized by Departments of Computer Science & Engineering, Information Science & Engineering and Mathematics
- Member of Editorial Board of Manthana 2013.
- Member of Accreditation Committee, 2010-2017.
- Member of Women Empowerment Cell, 2010-2012.
- Member of Examination Committee, 2009-2010.
- Chief Coordinator of GEMS (Globarena E-Mentoring System), January 2017 - May 2018.
- Member of Flying squad (Internal Examination), February 2017- May 2018.
- Committee Member of Faculty Information Management System (FIMS), February 2019 -
- Test/Exam Coordinator, February 2019 -
|Journal Name||Journal Type||Volume Number||Issue Number||ISSN ISBN||Paper Title|
|International Journal of Operational Research||International||1745-7653 (Online), 1745-7645 (Print)||Analysing a finite buffer queue with finite number of vacation policy and correlated arrivals|
|Operations Research and Optimization:||Book Chapter||Pg. No. 43-60||978-981-10-7814-9||On finite buffer BMAP/G/1 queue with queue length dependent service|
|International Journal of Computer & Mathematical Sciences (IJCMS)||International||6||12||2347 – 8527||Modelling and analysis of M/G(a,b)/1/K queue with a Variant of Multiple Vacation Policy|
|International Journal of Science, Engineering and Management (IJSEM)||International||2||6||2456 -1304||Modelling and analysis of Geom/GI/1/K queue with finite number of vacations|
|International Journal of Advanced Research||International||5||6||2320-5407||Modelling of queueing system at sales checkout and analysis of consumer behaviour: An empirical study at a supermarket in Bengaluru|
|Opsearch||International||53||3||ISSN 0030-3887||Analysis of a finite buffer variable batch service queue with batch Markovian arrival process and server’s vacation|
|5th IEEE International Advanced Computing Conference, IEEE Xplore||International||0||0||978-1-4799-8046-8||The GI/Geo/1/K queue with N threshold|
|International Journal of Mathematics in Operational Research||International||5||3||1757-5869 (Online), 1757-5850 (Print).||Analysis of finite-buffer bulk-arrival bulk-service queue with variable service capacity and batch-size-dependent service: M^X/G_r^Y /1/N|
|Quality Technology & Quantitative Management||International||9||4||1684-3703||The N threshold policy in the finite buffer GI/MSP/1 queues|
|International Journal of Operational Research||International||12||3||1745-7653 (Online), 1745-7645 (Print).||Computing system length distribution of a finite-buffer bulk-arrival bulk-service queue with variable server capacity|
|International Journal of Mathematics in Operational Research||International||2||2||1757-5869 (Online), 1757-5850 (Print).||Discrete-time batch service GI/Geo/1/N queue with accessible and non-accessible batches|
|Journal of Probability and Statistical Science||International||7||2||1726-3328||Performance analysis of a finite-buffer batch service queue with general input and exponential multiple vacations|
|Computers and Mathematics with Applications||International||56||11||0898-1221||On the Batch Arrival Batch Service Queue with Finite Buffer under Server’s Vacation: MX/GY/1/N Queue|
|Applied Mathematical Modelling||International||32||7||0307-904X||Analysis of a MAP/G(a,b)/1/N queue with multiple vacations|
|International Journal of Operational Research||International||3||1/2||1745-7653 (Online), 1745-7645 (Print)||The analysis of a finite-buffer general input queue with batch arrival and exponential multiple vacations|
|Quality Technology & Quantitative Management, Special Issue: Queueing||International||5||1||1684-3703||GI/M/1 queues with server vacations and dependent interarrival and service times|
|Applied Mathematics and Computation||International||174||2||0096-3003||Computing queue length distributions in MAP/G/1/N queue under single and multiple vacation|
|Journal of Probability and Statistical Science||International||3||2||1726-3328||On the finite buffer bulk service M/G/1 queue with multiple vacations|
|TOP||International||13||1||1863-8279 (Online), 1134-5764 (Print).||The Queue Length Distributions in the Finite Buffer Bulk-Service MAP/G/1 Queue with Multiple Vacations|
|Computers & Operations Research||International||32||4||0305-0548||Analytic and numerical aspects of batch service queues with single vacation|
|Journal of Applied Mathematics and Stochastic Analysis||International||2004||4||1048-9533||A finite capacity bulk service queue with single vacation and Markovian arrival process|
|Performance Evaluation||International||57||2||0166-5316||The finite-buffer M/G/1 queue with general bulk-service rule and single vacation|
- Qualified Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE), 2000, Percentile Score: 91.20, All India Rank: 68, Government of India for pursuing Research/Ph.D. in the field of Mathematics.
- National Board of Higher Mathematics- Post Doctoral Research fellowship 2004, Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India.
- Young Scientist Awarded under Scientific and Engineering Research Council, 2014, Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi.
- THE CAMBRIDGE CERTIFICATE for Outstanding Scientific Achievement, 2017, The International Biographical Centre.
- Certificate of recognition from BMS Institute of Technology & Management, September 2014.
- Guiding PhD students in the field of Queueing theory under VTU.
- Reviewer of several research articles such as Applied Mathematical Modelling, Computers and Mathematics with Applications, etc.
- Technical Program Committee of 2014 International Conference on System Engineering and Science Research (SESR 2014), October 25-26, 2014, Indianpolis, Indiana, USA.
- Committee Member for the International Conference on Advanced Technologies in Engineering & Science (iCATES) - 2017 organized by Knewton Institute of Research In Engineering and Technology (KIRET), April 27- 28, 2017, A. P., India.
- Received 3 times Rs. 10,000/- Cash prize from BMSIT for publishing research articles in International journals.
- Topper, Elite and Gold Medalist of NPTEL online certification course on Numerical Analysis, July- October, 2017
Papers Presented In Conferences
|Conference Name||Conference Type||Place||Conference Date||Days||Paper Title|
|9th International Conference on Engineering Technology, Science and Management Innovation (ICESMI-2017)||International||Mahratta Chamber of Commerce Industries & Mgriculture, Senapati Bapat Road, Pune, Maharashtra, India||31-12-2017||1||1. Modelling and analysis of M/G(a,b)/1/K queue with a Variant of Multiple Vacation Policy|
|International Conference on Wearable Technologies||International||Dayananda Sagar University, School of Engineering, Bangalore||22-06-2017||2||Modelling and analysis of Geom/GI/1/K queue with finite number of vacations|
|5th IEEE International Advance Computing Conference||International||BMS College of Engineering (BMSCE) and IEEE Bangalore Section||12-06-2015||2||4. The GI/Geo/1/K queue with N threshold policy|
|International Conference on Mathematical Sciences in Honour of Professor A. M. Mathai||International||Department of Statistics, St. Thomas College Pala, Kottayam, Kerala||03-01-2011||3||The finite buffer GI/MSP/1 queues under N threshold policy|
|Joint Statistical Meeting and International Conference on Statistics, Probability and Related Areas||International||Cochin University of Science and Technology||02-01-2007||3||The analysis of a finite buffer general input queue with bulk service and exponential multiple vacations|
|International conference on Stochastic Modelling and IV International Workshop on Retrial Queues||International||Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi||17-12-2002||5||On the finite capacity bulk service M/G/1 queue with multiple vacations|
Online/MOOC Courses Taken
|Course Name||Registration Details||Completed|
|Five week online workshop on Massive Open Online Course (MOOC)||September 5 - October 7, 2014||Yes|
|NPTEL online certification course on Numerical Analysis||July- October, 2017||Yes|
|Calculus of Economics, Commerce and Management||February - March, 2018||Yes|
|Introduction to Probability and Statistics||August-September, 2018||Yes|