Dr Rajesh Gopinath
B.E. (Env. Engg.) M.Tech. (Env. Engg.), MBA (HRM), PGD Env. Law, Ph.D, HOD
Phone: 7411021981 Email: email@example.com
Teaching : 12
Research : 5
Industry : 2
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Law
- Multivariate Analysis & Statistical Modelling
- Urban Ecology
- Climate Sustainable Town-planning & Urban Climatology
Memberships in professional bodies
- Indian Science Congress Association, India. M.I.S.C.A.(Life Membership)
- Indian Society for Technical Education, India. M.I.S.T.E., (Life membership)
- International Association of Engineers, Hong Kong. (Life Membership)
- Indian Water Resources Society, India. M.I.W.R.S. (Life Membership)
- Zoological Society of India (Life Membership)
- Organizing Conferences, Workshops and FEP/FDP.
- Wildlife Photography
- Environmental Science and Engineering, CENGAGE, ISBN-13:978-93-87511-56-9
Invite Talks Delivered: 19
- Seminar on "“Investigation of Active Constrained Layer on Seismic Load” for Civil Engg. Students in Collaboration with CADD Centre, Malleswaram - Nov, 2018
- Seminar on "Awareness on Latest Softwares in Civil Engineering (Beyond VTU Curriculum)" for Civil Engg. Students in collaboration with EDUCADD, Yelhanka. - Oct, 2018
- Seminar on "'Career Avenues "or Civil Engg. Students in Collaboration with Byju’s (The learning App. Bangalore) - Aug, 2018
- "Global Education Awareness Program" for Civil Engg. Students in Collaboration with Manya - The Princeton Review. - Aug, 2018
- One day Hands-on Training Programme on Advanced Surveying, for Tech Staff of Civil Engg., in collaboration with Lawrence and Mayo - Jul, 2018
- 5-days hand-on training on "GIS & Remote Sensing Application using Open Source Software" for Civil Engg. Students - Jul, 2018
|“Effective Teaching and Learning Practices for Design and Operation of Water Supply Systems", 1 week FDP at NIT Warangal||20-05-2019|
|HEBER NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ENSURING ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY||29-03-2019|
|Internship with K-cube Consultancy Pvt Ltd, Chennai||24-02-2019|
|workshop on Using IBIN Database for Conservation and Management of Forest Resources, School of Ecology and Conservation & Dept of Biotechnology, UAS, Bengaluru||14-02-2019|
|Internship with ER3 Solutions Private Limited||19-12-2018|
|International Conference on EMERGING AND SUSTAINABLE TRENDS IN CIVIL ENGINEERING, JNNCE, Shimoggha||28-09-2018|
|2nd International Conference on Waste Management, RECYCLE-2018, IIT Guwahati||23-02-2018|
|Internship with AQUA SEAL TECH, BANGALORE||13-06-2017|
|International Conference on Hydraulic and Environmental Systems (ICHES-2017)||23-03-2017|
|Internship with Space Geo Tech Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore||05-07-2016|
- Environmental Protection and Management [15CV662]
- Environmental Impact Assessment [10CV847]
- Industrial Wastewater Treatment [10CV835]
- Water Supply and Sanitation [14CT]
- Environmental Engineering 1 [10/15CV61]
- Environmental Engineering 2 [10/15CV71]
- Fluid Mechanics Lab [10CVL45]
- Environmental Engineering Lab [10CVL77]
- Air Pollution and Control [10CV765, 15CV551]
- Occupational Health and Safety (15CV564)
- Design and Drawing of Environmental Systems (Value added Course)
- Water Supply and Treatment Engineering [15CV64]
Study Materials / Notes / Courseware
|Title||Course Name||Course Code|
|Air Pollution and Control||Civil Engineering||10CV765|
|Management and Entrepreneurship||Civil Engineering||10AL51|
|Environmental Engineering - I||BE, CV||10CV61|
|Env Engg- II (Study Material)||Env Engg- II||ENV ENGG- II|
|Unit 1 Notes||INDUSTRIAL WASTEWATER TREATMENT||10CV847|
- Institution Level: Flora and Fauna Documentation of BMSIT&M Campus
- Department Level: Staff and Student Internship Coordinator
- Department Level: Extensive Survey Camp Officer- 2017, 2018
- Department Level IQAC Coordinator
- Institution Level: Key Liaision, OIKOS, Institute's Eco-Club
- Department Level: Environmental Committee Coordinator
- Institution level: Drafting of Framework for Swachcha Bharat Abhiyaan (for VTU)
- i/c HoD [01-06-2018 onwards]
|Journal Name||Journal Type||Volume Number||Issue Number||ISSN ISBN||Paper Title|
|Science & Technology Asia (formerly Thammasat International Journal of Science and Technology)||International - Thailand||23||4||2586-9027||“Artificial Neural Network trained ‘Simultaneous Extent Analysis’ as a Logical Tool in Computation of Urban Heat Island Intensity”|
|Stavebné a environmentálne inžinierstvo||Slovak||13||2||1336-5835||REAL-TIME THERMAL MAPPING FOR HEAT & COOL ARCHIPELAGOS OF BENGALURU, INDIA|
|ANNALS of Faculty Engineering Hunedoara – International Journal of Engineering||International||15||4||1584-2665||Development of Step-Wise Ranking for Indoor Plants as Indoor Air Pollutant Purifiers|
|Architecture and Engineering, Эл № ФС77-70026.||Russian||2||3||2500-0055||A SITE-BASED PRACTICAL IMPROVISATION FOR THE ANALYTICAL DETERMINATION OF ASPECT RATIO, ", Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.11-20, 2017,|
|Vestnik Volgogradskogo gosudarstvennogo arhitekturno-stroitelnogo universiteta”. Series: “Stroitelstvo i Arhitectura”||Russian||49||68||1815-4360||“Historical Trend Of Ambient Air Quality Indices At Key Observatories For Major Cities In Karnataka, India”|
|Bulletin of Civil Engineers, Univeristy of Saint-Petersburg, Russia||International||60||1||1999-5571||Real-Time Noise-Violation Mapping from Road -Traffic Network for Entire Bangalore City|
|Journal of Indian Institute of Architects||National||80||Issue 12||0019-4913||Climate sustainable New Township guidelines to curb Urban Heat Island Effect|
|Journal on Environmental Law Policy and Development||National||3||ISSN 0019-4913||An Inferential Outlook On Role Of ‘Doctrine Of Public Trust’ In Safeguarding Environment, With Special Reference To Indian Judiciary|
|Scientific Israel - Technological Advantages||International||17||1||ISSN 1565-1533||A Study on Strength And Physical Properties of Bituminous Concrete Grade-1 Mix, with E-Waste Ceramics As Replacement To Aggregates.|
- V.T.U. 7th Rank in B.E., 2003.
- V.T.U. 2nd Rank in M.Tech., 2005.
- Recipient of Founder Chairman Award for Academic Excellence, from MSRIT on 20th April 2006.
- Best Oral Paper Presentation award in National Conference ‘RAESE’ at SIET (Tumkur), in 2009.
- Best Oral Paper Presentation award in National Conference ‘Eco-Fest’ at Tamilnadu Agricultural University (Coimbatore), in 2009.
- Best Final year B.E. Project Award (guided): “Real-Time Isohume Mapping for Cool And Warm Humidity Isles of Bengaluru City.”, in 2016 at Technosava (A.I.T.).
- Best Final year B.E. Project Award (guided): “Development of Noise Map’s for Road-Traffic Network of Bengaluru”, in 2016 at Technosava (A.I.T.).
- Best Final year B.E. Project Award (guided): “Assessing Change-Outcome & Impact Evaluation of Dabaspet-Sompura Area by R.E.I.A.”, in 2014 at Technosava (A.I.T.).
- Best Final year B.E. Project Award (guided): “Urban Canyon Geometry and its Influence on the Intra-Urban Ambient Air Temperature Variations for Bangalore City”, in 2013 at Technosava (A.I.T.).
- Best School Pupil Leader, 1998, awarded by K.V.H., Bangalore.
- Best Air N.C.C. Cadet, 1995, awarded by K. V. H., Bangalore.
- Best Essay, 1994, awarded by Society For Prevention Of Cruelty Towards Animals, Bangalore.
- Best Alumni Award-2016, awarded by VVCE Alumni Association on 16/04/2016
- Procured V.T.U. Research Funding under Research Grants Scheme for an amount equivalent to INR 9.03 Lakhs, in the capacity of co-investigator in 2009-10.
- Doctoral Research honoured with "Most Contributing Research Outcome Award" for 2015-16, by Hiillgrove Research Pvt Ltd. on 26th May 2017.
- 21 Citations
- Recipient of Best Paper Award: “Clim-App” - An Android Based Application for Urban Heat Island Assessment, ICBCE, Coimbatore, 2017.
- Recipient of “Young Scientist Award - Environmental Engineering”, International Conference on Biodiversity, Climate Change & Environmental Sciences, Coimbatore on 8-9 Sept 2017.
- Guided Final Year project "Recycling of E-waste ceramics as fine aggregate in rigid pavements" was selected for presentation under "Young Innovators Pavilion" at Melting Pot 2020.
- Recipient of “Young Faculty Award ”, 3rd South Asian Education Expo, Hyderabad on 18 March 2018.
- Guided Final Year project "Recycling of E-waste ceramics as fine aggregate in rigid pavements" won 1st prize in Poster Presentation during Srishti 2017 organised by ABVP and SFD at RVCE from 26-28 May 2017.
- Guided Final Year project "Estimation Of Natural Carbon Sequestration Potential Of Bengaluru’s Prominent Public And Private Green Spaces" won 3rd prize in Poster Presentation during Srishti 2017 organised by ABVP and SFD at RVCE from 26-28 May 2017.
- Guided Final Year project "White Paper of a Business Enterprise for Manufacturing of Rigid Pavement with E-Waste Ceramics" won Consolation Prize in Poster Presentation during Srishti 2018 organised by ABVP and SFD at DSCE from 22-24 May 2018.
- Proof-read "Handbook on E-waste Management" drafted by Commons Cells, NLSIU, Aug 2018
- Incorporated as Honorary Advisor wrt Eco-Club Activities at "SEED, Lower Dibang, Arunachal Pradesh", 2018
- Reviewer for the Global Research and Development Journals, ISSN 2455-5703
- Academic Resource Person, HILLGROVE Research Pvt. Ltd.
Papers Presented In Conferences
|Conference Name||Conference Type||Place||Conference Date||Days||Paper Title|
|Internatiional Conference on EMERGING AND SUSTAINABLE TRENDS IN CIVIL ENGINEERING||International||Dept. of Civil Engineering, JNNCE, Shimogha||27-09-2018||2||DEVELOPMENT OF RANKING MECHANISM FOR GREEN SPACES OF BENGALURU W.R.T. THERMAL COMFORT INDEX|
|2nd International Conference on Waste Management - RECYCLE-2018||International||Dept. of Civil Engineering, Waste Management Research Group (WMRG) -Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati||22-02-2018||2||Recycling of E-waste Ceramics as Fine Aggregate in Rigid Pavements and Need for Policy Formulation|
|International Conference on Biodiversity, Climate Change & Environmental Sciences||International||Nirmala College for Women, Red Fields||08-09-2017||2||Clim-App” - An Android Based Application for Urban Heat Island Assessment .|
|National Conference on Research Advances in Science and Technology||National||CSI College of Engineering||26-05-2017||2||Parametric Analysis Of Urban Heat Island Phenomenon At Bengaluru For Development Of Climate Sustainable New-Townships|
|International Conference on Hydraulic and Environmental Systems (ICHES-2017)||International||KLE DR. M. S. Sheshgiri College of Engineering and Technology||23-03-2017||3||Real-Time Isohume Mapping For Cool And Warm Humidity Isles Of Bengaluru City|
Online/MOOC Courses Taken
|Course Name||Registration Details||Completed|
|Introduction to Environmental Law and Policy||Coursera, 2016||Yes|
|Municipal Solid Waste Management in Developing Countries||Coursera, 2016||Yes|
|Introduction to Arctic Climate||Univerity of Alberta, 2016||Yes|
|Cities and Climate Change||United Nations, 2017||Yes|
|Human Health and Climate Change||United Nations, 2017||Yes|
|Introductory e-Course on Climate Change||United Nations, 2017||Yes|
|RED+||United Nations, 2017||Yes|
|Children and Climate Change||United Nations, 2018||Yes|
|Gender and Environment||United Nations, 2018||Yes|
|Water Resources Management and Policy||University of Geneva||Yes|
|Introduction to Household Water Treatment and Safe Storage||École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne||Yes|