Dr. Arunkumar B R
BSc MCA, M.Phil(CS),MTech(CSE),PGDIPR-NLSIU Ph.D, Professor
Phone: 9886008210 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Teaching : 19
Research : 10
- Wireless Mobile Ad - Hoc Networks
- Cyber Security/Laws
Memberships in professional bodies
- Life Memebr of Computer Society of India (MCSI-00135953 ) since 2005
- Life member of Indian Society for Technical Education (LM 45448) since 2005.
- Life member of Cryptography Research Society of India (CRSI-L/181) since 2004
- A member of International Association of Engineers (MIAENG).
- A member of International Scholarly Research Network (MISRN).
- Life member of IETE since May 20th 2015, with Membership No M 500221.
- Editorial Board member of the Journal : International Journal of Computer Applications & IOT (India based)
- Editorial Board member of the Journal : International Journal of Sensor Networks & Data Communication (USA)
- BOS member of VTU MCA programme 2013-16
- BoE, Practical examination coordinator of VTU MCA Examinations 2014-15
- BOE, MCA programme, Bangalore University 2015-2018
- Karnataka State open University (KSOU), Manasagangothri, Mysore has appointed as Chairperson of BOE for the BCA, MCA and Integrated MCA
- Member of BOS, MCA Programme@ Mount Carmel College for the year 2017-18
- Member of National Digital Library, IIT Khragpur in Feb. 2017
- Research Based Effective Teaching Strategies
- Adopting/Designing Innovative Teaching Methods
- Ability to write Research papers and Guide
- Application of Graph Theory Concepts to MANET cross Layer Multicasting published by Lambert publishers, Germany in May 2017.
Invite Talks Delivered: 25
- Five days workshop on Research Methodology with Case Studies - Jun, 2015
- Five days workshop on RSA and design patterns - Mar, 2014
- Network Simulation using NS2 - Oct, 2013
- One day workshop on knowledge dissemination - Oct, 2013
- National Conference on Cloud Computing NCCC-13 - Sep, 2013
- National Conference on Software and Information Management(NCSIM-2013) - Sep, 2013
|one day workshop on “ Cyber privacy and Data Security” conducted by Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security ( CS-COE) and Privacy Virtuoso in association with IISc & KSCST, at the Indian institute of science, Bengaluru||31-01-2019|
|“ New Model Curriculum for PG Course Detailed Syllabus 2018-19 as per OBE format including CO and Bloom’s Taxonomy” under VTU held on 6th August 2018 organized by VTU.||06-08-2018|
|Participated in the Faculty Development Programme on “Mathematical Modelling for Research Problems” organized by Department of MCA, BMSIT, Bengaluru from 25th June to 29th June 2018||25-06-2018|
|2. Participated in Cyber security professional workshop organised by National level, NCSSS in association with RRCE on 23rd and 24th June 2018.||23-06-2018|
|Research Promotion Workshop||24-07-2017|
|Android Application Development||26-12-2016|
|IoT -Hardware and Software Design (5Days)||01-08-2016|
|5 days workshop organised by CSE,ISE and MCA, BMSIT&M in Association with Pushkala Technologies and Cypress Semiconductors, on ÏOT-Hardware & Software Design. “during 1st to 5th August 2016||01-08-2016|
|1. Participated in 5 days workshop during the period January 11-15, 2016 at IISc, Bengaluru on Game theory and Mechanism Design”.||11-01-2016|
|2. Participated in Two days workshop on “Plagiarism” organised by VTU e –learning Centre, Mysuru on 16th and 17th October 2015 at VTU Regional office, Bengaluru.||16-10-2015|
|Signals and Systems (5Days)||27-01-2015|
|OBE-Innovative Classroom Practices||18-09-2014|
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Operating Systems
- Object Oriented Modeling and Design
- Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Network
- Cryptography and Network Security
- Information Network Security
- Computer Networks
- Java programming
- Cyber Security
- Chief Warden, BMSIT&M Hostel since July 2016
- MEMBER OF LAPTOP PURCHASE APPROVAL COMMITTEE since 2014 to 31-1-2019
- MEMBER OF DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE
- DEPUTY CHIEF SUPERINTENDENT OF VTU THEORY EXAMS
- MEMBER OF ANTI RAGGING COMMITTEE
- Professor and Head of MCA Department from 1-8-2013 to 31-1-2019
- TURNITIN software Coordinator
- Chief Editor of Dept. News Letter, ""ÄGRATHA"" and Research Compendium, " Samshodhana "" since 2013 to Jan. 2019
- Member / Convener of dept. Research Council since 2-2-2017
- Coordinator Joy of Giving Club
- Convener/Chairman DAB 2016-19
|Journal Name||Journal Type||Volume Number||Issue Number||ISSN ISBN||Paper Title|
|International Journal of Multidisciplinary Educational Research , IJMER, December. 2018||7||12 (1), page no 188-196||ISSN: 2277-7881,Impact factor: 4.527, pages:112-124.||How to enable and motivate slow and fast learners for fostering the attainment of Programme outcomes in Outcome Based Education|
|International Journal of Multidisciplinary Educational Research , IJMER, Jan. 2019||international||1||2||2277-7881||Defining Course Outcomes, designing OBE question paper and scrutinizing to align question paper with targeted Cos,|
|International Journal of Business Intelligence & Innovations,||Special Issue||special issue, Page no.333-341, October 2018, ISSN: 23484705.||Review on count-based and neural network based language models”|
|IOSR-JEN||International||7||9||2250-3021||Modeling of Cognitive Radio for Vehicular Ad-hoc Sensor Network using Graph Theory Concepts|
|International Journal Of Computer Applications||International Journals||a special issue of 2nd NCRIT-2016,BMSIT&M||A Literature Survey on Spectrum Management in Software Defined Radioby Using Game Theory Concepts|
|International Journal Of Computer Applications for July 2016 issue, Impact factor, nearly = 0.8||International Journals||A special issue of 2nd NCRIT-2016,BMSIT&M||Information Extraction from Clinical Text using NLP and Machine Learning: Issues and Opportunities accepted for publication in|
|International Journal in Management & Social sciences||International Journal with Impact Factor 0.534||Volume 3||Issue 3(II), Page No. 93-98.||ISSN: 2322 – 0899||A look at Quality of higher education in India and Significance of Out Come Based Education Model for best quality|
|International Journal of Research in Management & Social Science||International Journal with Impact Factor 0.534||Volume 3||Issue 3, Page No. 14-18.||ISSN: 2322-0899||Relevance of Education Ideals concepts in BHAGAVAD-GITA and NBA Graduate|
|international journal of Applied Engineering research,, Research India Publications||international journal of Applied Engineering research,SCOPUS indexed journal impact factor= not yet available||Vol.10.No.86(2015),Page. No.76-81.||special issue 2015, Vol.10.No.86(2015)||ISSN 0973-4562,||“Analysis of Mono-alphabetic Cipher against Di-alphabetic Cipher based on Time Complexities”|
|IOSR-JCE||International journal||Volume 17 .||Issue 4, Ver. II||e-ISSN: 2278-0661,p-ISSN: 2278-8727||Spectrum Scheduling using Markov Chain Model in Cognitive Radio Networks|
|IJERT||international||VOL 2||ISSUE 11||e-ISSN: 2278-0181||Performance Analysis of DSR, AODV and DYMO Protocols, Quality of Service in MANETs|
|IJMER||international||VOL 3||ISSUE 3||2249-6645||Performance analysis of AODV Protocol in MANET using Taguchi Method|
|IJMER||International||VOL3||ISSUE 6||ISSN : 2277-7881||Knowledge Management using Softoons|
|International Journal of Electrical and Electronics in Computer System||international journal||Volume -2,||Issue-1||ISSN (Online): 2347-2820||Building Optimal Decision Trees for Classification using Taguchi Method|
|International Engineering & Technology (IETECH) Journal of Communicatication||international||VOL 2||ISSUE 2||10654-5420||Mobile Ad Hoc Networks: Issues, Research Trends and Experiments|
|Journal of Intelligent System Research||international||VOL 2||ISSUE 1||10654-5420||A Survey of Mobile Ad Hoc Network Routing Protocols|
|IJCSNS International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security||international Journal, indexing in ProQuest,Thomoson Reuters.||VOL8||ISSUE 6||1738-7906||Performance Comparison of Wireless Mobile Ad-Hoc Network Routing Proto|
|IJCSNS International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security||international Journal, indexing in ProQuest,Thomoson Reuters.||VOL7||NO5||1738-7906||High performance Modified DSR with Power Consumption Optimization for MANETs|
|IJCSNS International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security||international Journal, indexing in ProQuest,Thomoson Reuters.||VOL5||ISSUE01||1738-7906||RTSP Audio and Video Streaming for QoS in Wireless Mobile Devices|
|Journal of Intelligent System Research||international||VOL2||ISSUE 1||10654-5420||Quality of Service in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks|
|Journal of Analysis and Computing||international||VOL4||ISSUE2||10654-5420||Cross Layer Design in Wireless Ad Hoc Networks|
|Journal of Analysis and Computing||international Journal||VOL4||ISSUE 2||10654-5420||Cross Layer Design for QoS Multicasting and Real Time Streaming in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks|
|International Journal of Computer Applications||international Journal||01||04||0975 8887||K-Nodes Multicasting Minimum Cost Spanning Trees In Wireless Mobile Ad Hoc Networks|
|IETECH Journal of Information Systems||international||2||4||10654-5420||Cross Layer Design for Quality of Service Multicasting in MANETs|
|International Journal of Computer Applications||international||3||12||1024-68||Restoring the Connectivity in K-Connected MANET When All Edge Disjoint Minimum Spanning Trees Fail|
|Journal of System Management||international||9||3||Cross-Layer Design for Quality of Service Multicasting in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks|
|International Journal of Computer Applications||international journal , impact factor nearly 0.8||44||16||(0975 - 8887)||Issues of cyber laws and IPR in software Industry and software process model|
|International Engineering and Technology Journal of Advanced Computation||international||1||1||A Novel Morphological Binarization Technique for Text Extraction from Images|
|IUP Journal of System Management||international||9||3||NIL||Cross layer design for quality of service multi casting in mobile ad-hoc networks|
|International Journal of Informative and Futuristic Research (IJIFR)||international journal, , ISSN (Online):2347-1697 with Impact Factor 4.164 and IC Value 6.62.||Volume-2, 21st Edition||Issue-9||ISSN (Online):2347-1697||Social Network Analysis and its Applications - A Review from Business perspective|
|International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA)||international Journal, (IJERA), Impact factor,1.69, IC value,5.09.||VOL 5||Issue 8, 2015,pp.16-18.||ISSN:2248-9622||Applications of Bipartite Graph in diverse fields including cloud computing|
|International Organization Of Scientific Research (IOSR) Journal of Computer Engineering, USA,||international journal, impact factor= 1.645||ISSUE 4||ISSN: 2250-3021||Simulation study of Markov chain models with an application in Cognitintive Radio Networks|
|International Journal of Computer Applications||international journal , impact factor = 0.791||VOL 64||ISSUE 8||(0975-“8887)||MPEG-21 Integrated Cross Layer QoS Adaptation Architecture for Multimedia Applications in Future MANETs to Support Heterogeneous Network Environment|
|International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications||international journal||VOL 3||ISSUE 6||pp.1398-1403 12/2013; 3(6):ISSN : 2248-9622.||Applications of Delaunay Triangulation (DT), Steiner Trees, Spanning Trees and DT-Minimum Spanning Trees in MANET Multicasting|
|International Journal of Multidisciplinary Educational Research (IJMER)||International||6||4||2277-7881||Identification of Curriculum Gap and Innovative Value Added Courses for POs Attainment Improvement in OBE Model|
- Appointed as examiner to adjudicate Ph.D. thesis
- Worked as a member of technical committee for IEEE international conference organised by BMSCE,Bengaluru
- Worked as VTU MCA practical Examinations BOE Coordinator for practical examination Dec./Jan -2014/ 2015 for Bangalore region.
- Participated in the reconciliation meeting held at Rani Chennamma University, Belgaum for MCA admissions on 28/8/2014
- Participated in designing the scheme and evaluation for CBCS VTU MCA Programme 2015-16 as a member BOS of VTU MCA, 2013-16 at VTU Regional Office, Nagarabhavi, Bengaluru in May 2015.
- Attended the BOE Meeting at UBD College of Engineering, Davanagere on 17-10-14 to 18-10-14, scrutinizing question paper.
- Registered Research supervisor for VTU Ph.D. programme in the field of computer science for five students since 2013/2015
- Organized a national conference (organizing secretary), National Conference on Software and Information Management”, NCSIM –2013, on 27 Sept 2013
- Karnataka State open University (KSOU), Manasagangothri, Mysore has appointed as Chairperson of BOE for the BCA, MCA & I MCA Programmes, Exams. of May/June 2009.
- Participated in the Faculty Development Programme on “Research Methodology with Case Studies” organized by Department of MCA, BMSIT, Bengaluru from 23-27 June ,2015 and delivered a talk on “Writing Research Papers”.
- Participated in the Faculty Development Programme on “Outcome Based Education- Innovative Classroom Practices” by Center For Engineering Education Universiti Teknologi, Malaysia, on 18th and 19th September 2014 held at BMSIT.
- Journal of Engineering and Computer Innovations has appointed to review the papers in the area of MANETs
- Received post graduate Diploma from National Law school of India university on 21st Annual convocation held on 1st September 2013, his excellence, honorable chief justice of India, Sri.Satahsivam has awarded.
- Bharathidhasan University/Algappa University/M.K University had appointed as a Research Advisor for the M.Phil Programme
- Participated in the workshop on Syllabi of CSE/ISE/MCA Board, VTU on 12/4/2010 at MSRIT, Bangalore-5
- Delivered Technical session in FDP,“Research Methodology with Case Studies”organized by Department of MCA, BMSIT, Bengaluru from 23-27 June ,2015 ,“Writing Research Papers” on 27-6-215.
- Chief Guest & delivered the Lecture on” Innovative Learning and Educational Tools” as part of Key note in Two days national level workshop on: Android Application on 30th and 31th March 2015 at “Sambhram Institute of Technology”, Bengaluru.
- Dr.Arunkumar B.R. was invited to deliver a Lecture on “ Effective Project and Report Writing and Presentation” and to judge Best project work for the Project Exhibition Programme Organized by the Dept. of MCA, Sir MVIT, Bengaluru on 15/5/2015.
- Dr.Arun Kumar B R, HOD, MCA has been invited as a resource person to deliver a talk on” Cyber Security” by the Dept. of Computer Science, Bangalore University as part of 21 days faculty development programme on 2/9/2014,Refresher Course.
- Dr.Arunkumar B R has been invited as judge for project exhibition at the dept. of MCA, Sir MVIT on 15/5/2015 and delivered a talk on "How to write project report and Present"
- Delivered the invited talk on “Cyber Security” at Velammal College of Management and Computer Studies, Red Hills, Chennai on 11-12th December 2009.
- Presented a technical talk on " vehicular ad hoc networks" in Gnanavardhana, institution programme on 4-2-2017
- Formulated research council objectives and responsibilities and presented on 2-2-2017 , the day of RC established at MCA dept., BMSITM
- Delivered an inaugural talk on the " Analytical modelling and Research opportunities in VANETS" on 8-2-2017 in LECTURE SERIES-1,SAMSHODHANA SAMVADA
- ATTENDED BOS MEETING OF MCA PROGRAMME @MOUNT CARMEL COLLEGE ON 14-2-2017
- PUBLISHED MORE THAN 65 RESEARCH PAPERS IN NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL/CONFERENCES INCLUDING IEEE WITH AN AVERAGE IMPACT FACTOR OF NEARLY 2, h-index of 5, i-10 index of 4
- Guided 5 MPhil Resaerch Scholars of Bharatidhasan / Algappa university and awarded under the guidance
- Currently working as a Ph.D , research supervisor @ VTU RC-MCA dept., BMSIT&M for 5 students.
- participated as a session chair in the National Conference on Advances in Computing (NCAC-2017) on 26-5-2017 in the Dept. Of CSE & ISE at BMSIT&M, Bengaluru
- Chaired a session in international conference, ERCICA-2018 held on July 27-28, 2018.
- Reviewer for third IEEE international conference on Electrical, Electronics, Communication, Computer Technologies and Optimization in association with IEEE Bangalore Section organized by GSSSIET for women , Mysuru during 14th- 15th December 2018.
- Worked as sole resource person one day workshop as a part of the FDP on 25-12-2018 (9.30 a.m to 5.30 p.m )on the topic “NBA criteria, OBE principles and documentation” at BIT, Bengaluru.
- Delivered a talk on “ Overview of Cyber Security , Challenges and Opportunities” on 11-12-2018 for 21 days UGC- refreshers course (FDP) held during 10-12-2018 to 21-12-2018 organized by Bengaluru University.
- Worked as sole resource person for one day workshop as a part of the FDP on 30th July 2018 on the topic “ OBE curriculum design and Effective TLP” at BIT, Bengaluru
- Lead the team of members as a Head of the dept. of MCA and was instrumental in getting NBA for MCA programme
- Reviewer of Elsevier international Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, Elsevier, Netherlands - 8-2-19
Papers Presented In Conferences
|Conference Name||Conference Type||Place||Conference Date||Days||Paper Title|
|4th World Summit on Accreditation organized by NBA, New Delhi venue: Convention Hall, Hotel Ashok, New Delhi on 09-09-2018.||International||New Delhi||09-09-2018||3||Contributory Paper - Best practiced value added courses to enhance Learning Outcomes and to bridge curriculum gaps in Outcome -Based Education|
|IEEE International Conference||International||BAngalore||17-05-2017||2||A Transmission Power Analysis of K-Connected MANET"|
|National Conference on Control, Communications and Power Systems (NC3PS)||National||BANGALORE||29-07-2016||1||Reliability and Energy Issues in Wireless Sensor Networks with Cognitive Approach- A Literature Review”|
|IEEE international Conference-RTEICT-2016||International||bangalore||16-05-2016||2||Topological Analysis of K-Connected MANET using Connectivity Index, Euclidian and Randic Energy|
|2nd International Conference on Data Engineering and Communication Systems ( ICDECS 2015)||International||bangalore||28-12-2015||2||Performance comparison of Mono alphabetic ciphers and Di- alphabetic ciphers in terms of time complexities|
|2nd International conference, ERCICA-2014||International||bangalore||01-08-2014||2||Performance Analysis of AODV Protocol under Security Attacks in MANETs|
|Elsevier nternational Conference||International||bangalore||15-03-2014||2||Softoons as an Innovative Effective Communication Meta Model for Interdisciplinary Software Project,|
|International Conference on Recent Innovations in Engineering and Technology, ICRIET 2014||International||bangalore||19-01-2014||1||Building optimal decision trees for classification using Taguchi method|
|National Conference on “Software and Information Management” (NCSIM-2013)”,||National||BANGALORE||27-09-2013||1||Smart Card Data Analysis to Optimize Fleet Utilization in Public Transport Systems|
Online/MOOC Courses Taken
|Course Name||Registration Details||Completed|
|Intellectual Property - NPTEL-AICTE FDP 12 week Course||NPTEL-AICTE FDP completed 12 week IP Course, July-October 2018 with 79%.||Yes|
|1. NPTEL: Outcome based Pedagogic principles for Effective Teaching, with a score of 85%.||Feb.- March 2018||Yes|