Dr. C. Kavitha
BSc, MSc, Ph.D from JNCASR, Post doc from IISc, RRI Ph.D, Assistant Professor
International Recognition : Key Note Lecture invite from Oxford University U.K. http://iape-conference.org/index.php/2018-05-02-19-15-06/keynote-talks/10-keynotes/sustainable-energy/207-c-kavitha
This is Dr. C. Kavitha working as a Assistant professor in Department of Physics. i have completed my regular Ph.D in materials Science in JNCASR, bangalore during 2002-2008. I have done one Post doctoral work in Raman Research Institute (RRI) during (2009-2011) and another postdoctral work in IPC Department, Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore during (2011-2013). In 2014 , i have received DST-SERB young Scientist award worth Rs. 32 Lakhs to set up Advanced Materials Research lab in BMSIT&M, Bangalore. The project is completed successfully. Recently selected for VGST-Seed money for young faculty, Karnataka Government (2018-2020).
Raman Analysis Requisition form is available in https://bmsit.ac.in/news?page=2
Raman Spectrometer details availabe in https://bmsit.ac.in/system/news/documents/000/000/010/original/RAMAN.pdf?1467696009
UV-Visible spectrometer details available: https://bmsit.ac.in/research
Phone: 9448797728 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Teaching : 3
Research : 17
- Material/Nano material Science, Surface enhanced Raman Spectroscopy
- Laser/Raman/Solid state spectroscopy
- electrochemistry based chemical and biosensors, solar cells, photoconductors, energy storage
- Graphene/Graphene Oxide-Metal nanoparticle hybrid nano structures for sensors, catalytic, photocatalytic, H2 storage, water spliting applications
- synthesis of mixed metal/ metal oxides for vast applications.
- Liquid Crystals Photo conductors
Memberships in professional bodies
- Research Council Member, BMSIT, Yelahanka, Bangalore (2016)
- Innovation Center member from Chemistry department, BMSIT, Bangalore. 2016
- Post Doctoral Fellow in Raman Research Institute (RRI) Bangalore (2009-2011)
- Research Associate Inorganic Physical Chemistry (IPC) department, Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore (2011-2013)
- Synthesis Graphene nano materials
- Expertise in Raman and Brillouin Spectroscopy
- Built Custom Raman Spectrometer
- Built High Pressure Micro Raman spectrometer
- Hands on experience in High Pressure Diamond Anvil Cell
- Hands on experience in Low/High Linkam stage temperature controler
- Built high pressure drilling setup to drill 100μm holes.
- Working knowledge in low temperature cryostat and ultrahigh Vacuum system
- Working knowledge in Laue diffraction
- Built Home-made Photoconductivity experimental setup for liquid crystal study.
- Hands on experience on doping carbon nanotude and gold nanoparticles with blue phase liquid crystals.
- Hands on experience in making metal nanoparticles (silver and gold) using simple chemical method.
- Expertise in vibarational Density Functional Theory (DFT) calculations for bulk and surface adsorbed materials.
- Hands on experience in electrochemistry experiments.
- Teaching Nanomaterials class for Engineering chemistry and Physics Students
- Research practicals teacher for integrated Ph.D students at JNCASR
- Teaching Engineering Physics and Physics Lab to students
Invite Talks Delivered: 6
- Faculty Development Program on " Current Trends in Applied Physics" - Jul, 2018
- Invited talk on 2 days Research workshop on "how to write fund winning projects" - Jun, 2018
- National conference on Emerging Trends in Nano Applications - Apr, 2017
- Workshop on 100 years of Chemical Bonds - Apr, 2017
- DST-SERB Project group monitoring workshop - Apr, 2017
- Scope of Nanoscience in Engineering & Technology-2017-FDP organished and conducted by Chemistry dept - Feb, 2017
|International Conferences on Innovative and Applied Energy||14-03-2019|
|11th Bangalore India NANO conference||05-12-2018|
|International Conferences on NanoScience and Nanotechnology- ICONEST 2018||21-03-2018|
|IMTEX Forming 2018 and Tooltech 2018-Academia-Industry Pavilion||25-01-2018|
|completed Industry-Internship-RLFine Chem Private Limited||22-01-2018|
- Establishment of Research and Development of Chemistry Lab through DST-SERB sponsored Project
- setting up Raman spectroscopy characterization facility in R&D Chemistry lab
- Research Project implementation.
- Guiding VTU Affliated Part time/full time Ph.D students under R&D chemistry department
- writing innovative research projects for equipping research lab through external/internal funding Agencies
- collaborating with premier indian institutes for research(IISc, JNCASR, RRI, Cense, CSMR)/colleges for publishing reputed journals
- website co-ordinator for chemistry department
- Doing Raman Spectroscopy characterization for bulk/nano materials
- Reviewer of Research Journal- Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Physics
- Reviewer of American Chemical Society (ACS-NANO) Research Journal
- VTU-approved Ph.D research guide
- Guiding BMSIT- Mechanical Final year students for their Final year Project
- Physics department VTU-IA mark entry coordinator (2017-18)
- Internal Assessment (IA-Test) coordinator (2018)
|Journal Name||Journal Type||Volume Number||Issue Number||ISSN ISBN||Paper Title|
|Waste and Bio Mass Valorization||international||2019||ISSN 1877-2641||The Role of Temperature on Physical– Chemical Properties of Green Synthesized Porous Carbon Nanoparticles|
|Proceedings of International Conference on Innovative Applied Energy, Oxford, UK||International||DOI prefix-10.17501||2019||ISBN (978-1-912532-05-6)||Reduced Graphene Oxide/Metal Oxide hybrid nano structures for supercapacitative and Surface Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy applications|
|Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis||International||under review||2019||The impact of temperature on physico-chemical properties of green synthesized porous nanoparticles|
|Journal of Science: Advanced Materials and Devices||International||vol-3, Pgs 181-187||2018||https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsamd.2018.03.002||Investigation of Hydrogen generation and Antibacterial activity by Ionic liquid aided synthesis of TiO2 nanoparticles|
|Journal of Nanoparticle Research||International||20:56||2018||https://doi.org/10.1007/s1105||Enhanced electrocatalytic activity of reduced graphene oxide-Os nanoparticle hybrid films obtained at a liquid/liquid interface|
|Materials Today Proceedings||International||5, Pgs 2609-2618||2018||https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2018.01.040||Reduced Graphene oxide / Nanoparticle hybrid structures: A new generation smart materials for optical sensors|
|Nanoelectronic Materials and Devices||International-Springer||466, 19-27||2018||DOI 10.1007/978-981-10-7191-1_3||Films of Reduced Graphene Oxide-Based Metal Oxide Nanoparticles|
|Royal Society Open Science-RSOS||International-RSC||4, 170353||2017||dx.doi.org/10.1098/rsos.170353||Improved Surface Enhanced Raman and catalytic activities of reduced graphene oxide -Osmium hybrid nano thin films|
|THE EUROPEAN PHYSICAL JOURNAL PLUS||Springer-International||132, 239||2017||DOI 10.1140/epjp/i2017-11462-4||Synthesis of CeO2 nanoparticles: Photocatalytic and antibacterial activities|
|Journal of NanoScience and Nanotechnology||International-American Scientific Publishers||17, No 4, 2711–2719||2017||Synthesis of reduced graphene oxide based metal oxide and metal nanoparticle doped hybrid films at a liquid/liquid interface and their applications as reusab le surface enhanced Raman scattering substrates|
|International Journal of Nanoscience||International-World Scientific||15(1), Pgs 1650006||2016||Antibacterial and Photocatalytic Activities of ZnO Nanoparticle-water melon juices|
|The European Physical Journal – Plus||International-Springer||131, Pgs 154.||2016||Fruit juice extract mediated synthesis of CeO2 nanoparticles for antibacterial and photocatalytic activities|
|International Journal of Nanoscience||International-World Scientific||15, Pgs 1650013||2016||Electrochemical Sensing, Photocatalytic and Biological Activities of ZnO Nanoparticles: Synthesis via Green Chemistry Route|
|Chemical Physics letters||International-Elsevier||629, Pgs 81||2015||Low Cost, Ultra - Thin Films Of Reduced Graphene Oxide - Ag Nanoparticle Hybrids As SERS Based Excellent Dye Sensors|
|Spectra Chimica Acta - Molecular and Bio molecular spectroscopy||International-Elsevier||150, Pgs 247||2015||Comparative high pressure Raman Studies on perflourohexane and perflouroheptane|
|Solid State Communications||International-Elsevier||202, Pgs 78||2015||Acoustic phonon behavior of PbWO 4 and BaWO 4 probed by Low Temperature Brillouin spectroscopy|
|Conference Proceedings - Emerging Trends in Nano Applications - NCETN - 2015||National||Pgs 26-29||2015||978 - 81 - 928203 - 8 - 5||Raman spectroscopy: A Brief review from Basic to recent nanostructures application to sensors.|
|Conference Proceedings - Emerging Trends in Nano Applications - NCETN - 2015||National||Pgs 84-86||2015||978 - 81 - 928203 - 8 - 5||Green synthesis of MgO Nanoparticles via solution combustion method:catalytic applications.|
|Solid State Communications||International-Elsevier||195, Pgs 10||2014||Temperature induced electron - phonon coupling behavior of AgGaS 2 probed by Brillouin spectroscopy|
|RSC Advances||International - Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) Publications||3, Pgs 8356||2013||Spontaneous Formation of Branched Nanochains From Room Temperature Molten Amides: Visible and Near – IR Active, SERS Substrates for Non - Fluorescent and Fluorescent Analytes|
|Materials Chemistry and Physics||International-Elsevier||133, pgs 635||2012||Photoconductivity of doped hexa-alkoxy triphenylene nano Composite structures.|
|Journal of Physical Chemistry B , .||International-American Chemical Society -(ACS) Publications||111, Pgs14130||2007||Raman spectroscopic investigations of pressure-induced phase transitions in n-hexane.|
|Journal of Physical Chemistry C (Letter)||International-American Chemical Society (ACS)||111, Pgs1868||2007||Magnetic Interactions in Nickel Alkanethiolates.|
|Journal of Physical Chemistry B||International-American Chemical Society (ACS)||111, Pgs7003||2007||Pressure-induced structural transitions in n-Pentane: A Raman study|
|Journal of Physical Chemistry B||International-American Chemical Society (ACS)||110, Pgs 8777||2006||Raman Scattering Studies on n-Heptane under High Pressure|
|Journal of Materials Research||International-Material Research Society (MRS)||20, pgs1415||2005||Nanostructured barium titanate prepared through a modified Reverse micellar route: Structural distortion and dielectric Properties|
|Journal of Solid State Chemistry||International-Elsevier||177, Pgs 2198||2004||Solvothermal synthesis of an open-framework zinc chlrophosphate [C8N4H26]Zn3Cl(HPO4)3(PO4)], with a layer structure.|
|Proceedings Indian Academy of Sciences (Chemical Science||National-Springer||115, Pgs 689||2003||A low-cost Raman spectrometer design used to study Raman Scattering from a single-walled carbon nanotube|
|Conference Name||Conference Type||Venue||Date||Title|
|ICONEST-2017||International||J.N. TATA Auditorium, IISc, Bangalore||10-12 August, 2017||Low Cost Electrochemical detection of Rhodamine B and L-Tyrosine using bare and modified Pencil Graphite electrode|
|Techniques for characterization of materials -TCM2017||national||BMSIT, Physics dept||20-24, june, 2017||Raman Spectroscopy demonstration-Resource person|
|8th Bangalore-India Nano conference||International||Lalit Ashok in Bangalore||March, 2016||Large Area Ultra-Thin Films of Reduced Graphene Oxide with Metal/metal Oxides Nano Particles as Reusable SERS Substrates for Dyes|
|IC-NANO-2016||international||VTU-PG Center, Muddenahalli||21-23, April, 2016||Ultra-Thin Films of reduced graphene oxide-Ag Nanoparticle Hybrid as Raman spectroscopy based environmental pollutant sensors|
|ICAMA-2016||International||BMSCE, Basavanagudi, Bangalore||16-17, June 2016||Graphene/nanoparticle hybrid structures: A new generation smart materials for Sensors|
|FDP program entitled CONDUCTING POLYMER COMPOSITES, SYNTHESIS AND CHARACTERIZATION||national||Physics Department, BMSCE, Bangalore.||June 6-10, 2016||Given invited talk on A Brief review on Raman Spectroscopy: Basic and Recent Advancement in Nano applications|
|Two days workshop on Renewable energy technologies and its applications||national||BMSIT||Sept, 2015||Liquid Crystal nanocomposites for organic solar cells|
|National conference on Emerging Trends in Nano Applications||national||BMSIT||27th – 28th March 2015||Raman Spectroscopy: A Brief Review from basic to recent nanostructures applications to sensors|
|INUP-IISC Nanoelectronics familiarization work shop||national||Indian Institute of Science||Jan 28-30, 2015||ultra thinfilms of reduced graphene oxide- Ag nanoparticle hybrid as excellent surface enhanced Raman scattering substrates|
|In-house Symposium||national||Raman Research Institute, Bangalore||May. 2010||Photoconductivity studies on gold chloride doped hexa-alkoxy triphenylene Derivatives|
|Workshop on 100 years of Chemical Bond||International||JNCASR||29 th January, 2016||100 years of Chemical Bond|
|ICMR-JNCASR International Winter School on Chemistry of Materials||International||Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR) Bangalore, India||May 2005||High Pressure Raman Studies on n-pentane|
|Stereo chemical Aspects of Novel Materials||International||Internatioanl Centre for Material Research, University of California, Santa Barbara, United States.||10-20, August 2005||High Pressure Raman Studies on mid chain hydrocarbons|
|Joint 20th AIRAPT 43rd EHPRG International Conference on High Pressure Raman spectroscopy||International||Congress Centre, Karlsruhe Germany.||27th June - 01st July, 2005||High Pressure Raman Studies on n-heptane|
|First Asian Spectroscopy Conference and Asian Bio-spectroscopy||International||Department of Inorganic and Physical Chemistry, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India||September 2006||Comparative High Pressure Raman Studies on n-heptane and n-pentane|
|Optical Probes 2005 ??“ 6th International Topical Conference on Optics||international||Indian Institute of Science, bangalore||January 4-8, 2005||Temperature Dependent Elastic behavior of AgGaS2|
|51st DAE Solid State Physics Symposium||national||Department of Physics and Electronics, Barkatullah University, Bhopal||December 26 - 30, 2005||High Pressure Raman Studies on Alkanes.|
|The 10th International Conference on Advanced Materials||International||Hotel Grand Ashok, Bangalore||8-13, October 2007||Chain Length Dependent Solid ??“ Solid transition of Mid-Chain alkanes|
|In-house Symposium||national||JNCASR, Bangalore||November , 2004.||Brillouin Scattering Studies on Silver thiogallate|
|In=house Symposium||national||JNCASR||November 2003||Pressure Induced Raman Spectroscopy on LeadTungstate.|
|In-house Symposium||national||JNCASR, Bangalore||November 2005||High Pressure Raman Studies on n-hexane|
- Establishing "Center for Advanced Material Research" jointly with Physics R&D through DST-SERB funded Projects from 2016.
- DST-SERB, Government of India, sponsored, young Scientist Research grant worth Rs. 32 Lakhs from 2014-2017.
- certificate of recognition from BMSIT for DST-SERB Young Scientist grant. Sept 2014.
- Research Associate fellowship in Inorganic Physical Chemistry department, Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, India. (2011-2013).
- Post Doctoral Fellowhip, Soft Condensed Matter Sciences, Raman Research Institute (RRI), Bangalore, India (2008-2011).
- Senior Research Fellow (SRF) Jawaharlal Nehru Centre For Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore, India. (2004-2008).
- JNCASR Scholarship - to attend workshop in University of California Santa Barbara, USA, May 2005.
- CNR Rao grant to attend conference in Germany, Sept 2005.
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF) Jawaharlal Nehru Centre For Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore, India. (2002-2004).
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE), Scorer, MSc Physics, The American College, Madurai, Tamil nadu, India. (2002).
- Summer research fellowship on Cooperative motion in Glass Transition, Institute of mathematical science (IMSc) , Tharamani, chennai, Tamil nadu, India. (2001).
- Centum in Mathematics in SSLC, St Joseph’s girl’s higher secondary School, Dindigul, Tamil Nadu, India. (1995).
- Chairman and Dr. Ragini madam has Inaugurated "Center for Advanced Material Research" which is combined chemistry and physics research lab on 11th Feb, 2016
- Invited to review American Chemical Society Journals (ACS-NANO)
- one of the top 10 distinguished Alumni in JNCASR-NAAC-self study report 2016
- Invited to review Royal Society of Chemistry - Crystal Engineering Communication (RSC-CrystEngComm)
- one of my Research article published in Spectrachimica Acta-2015 has been selected in TOP 20 List at Bio Medical Library in USA.
- Selected as a Visiting Scientist at CeNS, Bangalore for collaborative research work for two months Dec-16-Jan 1V
- Organized Chemistry-FDP from 30,31st Jan - 1 Feb 2017
- DST-SERB Project Progress presentation has been done successfully at Bharathidhasan University, Trichy, Tamil Nadu on 16-17 feb 2017
- Received VGST-SMYSR Young Faculty Project Fund for the year 2017
- International Recognition - Invited for key note lecture for international conference on innovative applied energy at Oxford University, U.K
- Invited as a reviewer for Bulletin of Materials Science
Papers Presented In Conferences
|Conference Name||Conference Type||Place||Conference Date||Days||Paper Title|
|International conference on Innovative and Applied Energy||International||Oxford University, United Kingdom||14-03-2019||5||Reduced Graphene Oxide/Metal Oxide hybrid nano structures for supercapacitative and Surface Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy applications|
|11th bangalore India Nano international conference||International||Lalit Ashok, Bangalore||05-05-2018||3||Rapid Detection of Low-Dose APIs in Pharmaceutical Drugs - Surface-Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy|
|International conferences on NanoScience and NanoTechnology- ICONSAT-2018||International||IISc, Bangalore||21-03-2018||3||Ex-situ Electrochemical SERS based L-Tyrosine bio sensors.|