Gender Champion Cell
To make the young boys and girls gender sensitive and create positive social norms that value the girls and their rights.
Roles and Responsibilty
The responsibilities of the Gender Champion Cell will include the following:
- Provide overall guidance to the peer group in integrating /mainstreaming gender in all activities of the Institution in the form of focused group discussions, debates, poster competitions etc.
- Organize awareness programmes on various gender issues including legislations to influence behaviour change. This could be facilitated through workshops, theme based plays, films, painting competition, etc.
- Organize exposure visits to various public service institutions at the village and city level to facilitate knowledge about gender issues as they affect diverse populations.
The Cell comprises of:
Nodal Teachers [Faculty Coordinators]
- Prof. Thejaswini S - Assistant Professor , Dept. of TE
- Prof. Shimna Manoharan - Assistant Professor , Dept. of Civil Eng.
- Prof. Ashwini - Assistant Professor , Dept. of ISE
- Prof. Chandra Prabha - Assistant Professor , Dept. of EC
- Prof. Shilpa - Assistant Professor , Dept. of EEE
- Prof. Durgha Bhavani - Assistant Professor , Dept. of CSE
- Prof. Sridevi - Assistant Professor , Dept. of MCA
- Prof.Jagadeesh - Assistant Professor , Dept. of Mech.
Gender Champion [Student Coordinators]
- Abhay K K
- Haripriya S
- Agneya Koushik
- Girish U
- Vinay M S
- Tejas B
Events Organized Under Gender Champion Cell
Poster Presentation on “Gender Equality in Institutions”
A poster presentation event was organized on the topic “Gender Equality in Institutions “on 20th April 2016, at 1.30 P.M in TE Seminar Hall. The students participated with great enthusiasm. They put forth their ideas and opinion on the poster and presented it in a professional way. The event was judged by Dr. Jagdish Vengala, Associate Professor, Civil Dept, BMSIT &M. The winners were encouraged by distributing certificates.
Group Discussion on “The Role of Family and Teachers in Orienting the Mind-set of Younger Generation towards Gender Equality “
A Group Discussion on “The Role of Family and Teachers in Orienting the Mind-set of Younger Generation towards Gender Equality “ was organized by the Gender Champion Cell of BMSIT&M on 18th August 2017 at 2.00pm in MCA Seminar hall, BSN block. Around 14 students (two from each branch) participated in the event. The event was judged by Prof. Saneesh Cleatus, Associate Professor, Dept. of ECE and Prof. Surekha R Gondhkar, Associate Professor, Dept. of TE. The event started by briefing out the rules. The discussion was for duration of 1 hour. The discussion started with the importance of Gender Equality and the participants posed their ideas towards the role of family and teachers participation in building up knowledge of Gender Equality.