Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers ( IEEE )
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) is a professional association with its corporate office in New York City and its operations center in Piscataway, New Jersey. It was formed in 1963 from the amalgamation of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers and the Institute of Radio Engineers. Today, it is the world's largest association of technical professionals with more than 400,000 members in chapters around the world. Its objectives are the educational and technical advancement of electrical and electronic engineering, telecommunications, computer engineering and allied disciplines.
Benifits of IEEE Membership:
- IEEE opens the door to opportunities that will help you develop your professional identity in IEEE's designated fields of interest: sciences, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
- In addition to accessing a range of membership benefits, you'll make global connections with people who can help you along your targeted career path through IEEE's international community of members and volunteers.
Student resources and activities:
- IEEE Xtreme programming competition
- IEEE Mentor Centre
- IEEE potentials e magazine
- myIEEE space
IEEE Student Branch, BMSIT
The BMS Institute of Technology student branch held its inaugural function on Friday, 21st February, 2014. Our panel for the ceremony consisted of Dr. R. V. Ranganath, Principal, BMSIT, Dr. T.C. Balachandra, former HOD (EEE) and Branch Counsellor, Mr. Ravikiran Annaswamy, Chair(Bengaluru), and Dr. T. Srinivas, IISc.
An expert talk on “INTUTIVE CIRCUIT DESIGN” was delivered by Mr. Prachet Verma, Alumnus department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering on 25th of April 2015. This talk covered the length and breadth of Analog Electronics Circuits. A total of 50 attendees were present.
A two day Product Building (Robotics using Raspberry Pi) Workshop on the 29th and 30th of March, 2014. The workshop was conducted by “Iotacell”, who provided us with technical knowhow and equipments. About 54 students from various colleges across Karnataka registered and took part in the workshop. The workshop consisted of basics of Raspberry Pi, and later went on to use the Pi for various applications such as a line follower, voice enabled e-mail control etc. All the required hardware was provided by Iotacell for workshop use.
The BMS Institute of Technology IEEE Student Branch, in association with IEEE Communication Society, Bengaluru Chapter along with Telecommunication Engineering Association and Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering of BMSIT held a one day workshop on ‘Optical Communications and Networks’ on Saturday, 20th September, 2014. The registrations were open to ECE, EEE and TCE students of BMSIT. There were about 160 attendees for the same, filling up the seminar hall.
Conducted Poster presentation contest on Vidyut 2K15 held at BMS Institute of Technology and Management on 23rd of September 2015.
- BMSIT, IEEE Student Branch has been awarded with “The Best Small Student Branch” in the Annual General Meet of IEEE Bengaluru Section held on 15th of February 2015 at Royal Orchid, Yelahanka.
- The Student Branch was awarded with a sum of Rs.35,000/- by IEEE Bengaluru Section