Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
The Indian Society for Technical Education is a national, professional and non-profit association which was formed in the year 1968. The organization contributes to various missions of the union government. ISTE has associations with the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), AICTE/DST, and the State governments regarding programs relating to technical education.
The major objectives of ISTE are:
- Formulation of general goals and responsibilities for technical education.
- Modification of the curriculum and educational process according to changing situations.
- Development of effective teachers and educational administrators.
- Improvement in the instructional methods, practices and administrative effectiveness.
- Establishment of effective communications between technical institutions, industries and society.
- A technical talk on "Basics of Discrete control systems : Programmable Logic Controllers, Supervisory Control, Data Acquisition and Field Devices" was given by Mr. Krishanu Ganguly (Senior Systems engineer-Design and Development, Siemens Technology and services Pvt. Ltd.)
- The Symposium and technical workshop was conducted on "Arduino and Raspberry pi-Microcontroller based projects" on 22nd September 2012.
- A technical talk competition, "Talk@BmsTech" was conducted at the college level on 3rd March 2011.
- Mr. Prachet Verma, a student in the final year of EEE department was presented the Best Student award for the year 2012 by ISTE, Karnataka section, at the annual ISTE Convention held on 07.12.2012.