BMS Institute of Technology & Management provides personalized and interdisciplinary educational experiences to highly qualified students.
We offer engineeirng courses of study—options for nearly every interest and passion. We invite you to learn more and
discover what’s possible here.
BMSIT&M, an institution with a class of its own, is one of the most sought after institutes for high quality engineering education in the state. It is a well established private engineering college in bangalore recognized by the AICTE, Government of India and is affiliated to the Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belagavi.
290Faculty & Staff
The candidates satisfying the above criterion can apply through
The candidates shall have passed the 2nd year Pre University or 12th standard or equivalent examination held preceding the entrance test with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects, along with one of the following subjects - Chemistry, Bio-technology, Computer Science, Biology or Electronics. The Candidate should have secured not less that 45% of aggregate marks in optional subjects with English as one of the languages for admissions to engineering.
For engineering admission in bangalore engineering admission in bangalore through management quota in BMSIT&M, the minimum percentage of marks expected is 60% as per the current norms of the management.
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
A New Beginning! Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Department was formally inaugurated on 02-Aug-2019.
Computer Science and Engineering
Computer Science & Engineering deals with the theoretical foundations of information and computation.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in the year 2002-03.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Electrical and Electronics engineering deals with the study and application of electricity, electronics.
Civil engineering, traditionally one of the broadest of engineering disciplines, expands the limits of possibilities.
Electronics and Communication Engineering
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) was established in the year 2002-03.
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
Electronics and Telecommunication is an engineering discipline that brings together various fields of engineering
Information Science and Engineering
The Department of Information Science and Engineering started in the Year 2010.
Master of Computer Applications
To develop professionals equipped to build sustainable and intelligent.
- KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Test) KCET, Diploma CET (KEA) | AICTE J&K
- COMEDK (Consortium Of Medical Engineering and Dental colleges of Karnataka)
- Management Quota: The admission under management quota is processed in the office of the BMS Educational Trust. The Council of Trustees decide the tuition fee for various courses under management quota and seats are allotted by the Chief of the Admission Committee. The BMS Educational Trust advertises regarding the admission and the application forms are issued to the aspirants in the month of June / July of every year.
Contact: Director (Admn) – Ph. 080-26611636.
Post Graduate Programmes
Masters of Computer Applications (MCA)
M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
M.Tech in Machine Design
Master of Technology
The Candidates should have passed bachelor's degree with not less than 50% as an aggregate in B.E/B.Tech. It is further provided that the candidate who has studied and passed one of the subjects specified in the first proviso in the Pre University course with 50% of marks in that subject, shall be eligible.
The candidates satisfying the above criterion can apply through : PGCET (Post Graduation Common Entrance Test, Karnataka) PGCET (KEA) | GATE | AICTE J&K | PGET (COMED-K)
Masters of Computer Applications
Candidates who have passed Bachelor Degree examination with not less than 50% of the marks in all the years of the degree examination can seek admission to Master of Computer Applications. In case of Scheduled castes/ Scheduled Tribes the marks shall not be less than 45%. The candidates with not less than 50% of marks with Mathematics or Statistics or Computer science or Computer Programming or Computer Applications or Business Statistics as optional or electives. However in case of Scheduled castes/ Scheduled Tribes the marks shall not be less than 45%.
The students who has studied and passed one of the specified subject in the pre-University course with 50% of the marks in that subject shall also considered for admission. However in case of Scheduled castes/ Scheduled Tribes the marks shall not be less than 45% for admission.
There shall be an entrance examination for MCA Course. A Candidate seeking admission in engineering colleges bangalore affiliated to VTU shall have to take this examination. The admission committee shall hold the concerned examination and shall also conduct the interview of the candidates. For Govt. Seats in colleges and for VTU course, PGCET will conduct the entrance exam.
The candidates satisfying required criterion can apply through : PGCET (Post Graduation Common Entrance Test, Karnataka) PGCET (KEA)
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
The eligibility requirement for candidates to get admitted to the Ph.D. Programme shall include the following
There shall be provision for the following categories of candidates for admission to Ph.D.
- Full-Time: Candidates who shall pursue Ph.D. research on full time basis,
- Part-Time: In-service candidates having a minimum professional experience of one year after his/her UG Degree from among faculty members working in any Engineering College / Polytechnic / University / Deemed to be University (recognized / accredited by appropriate bodies in India) or research staff of public / private organizations, are eligible to pursue Ph.D. on a part time basis.
- Full-Time/Part Time (Special): NRI/FN/PIO candidates under these groups shall be eligible for either Full Time or Part Time. However, the candidates shall have passed the UG / PG programmes with medium of instruction in English or qualified in TOFEL/ELTS, or equivalent. The candidates shall be able to communicate and submit the thesis in English language only.
- Dual Degree: Students studying M.Sc.(Engg.) by Research /M.Tech., may be allowed to upgrade to Ph.D. as applicable.
- Distance mode: Students who have obtained PG degree in Engineering/Science disciplines through distance mode are not eligible. However, candidates with MBA & MCA degrees obtained through distance mode may be allowed as per UGC/AICTE norms in this regards. Study leave / Employment / Clearances
Recognized Research Centers
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Information Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- Master of Computer Applications
Minimum Qualifications to be Satisfied
The minimum academic qualifications to be satisfied by the candidates seeking admission to the Ph.D. Programme, shall be as given below in respect of the different Faculties:
Faculty of Engineering
- The candidates shall possess a Master’s Degree in Engineering / Technology or equivalent from the VTU or any other University recognised by it, with a minimum CGPA of 6.75 out of 10 or First class at either the Bachelor’s or the Master’s Degree in Engineering & Technology discipline.
- The candidates pursuing M. Tech. Degree at the University who have successfully completed the prescribed coursework in the first three semesters of study with outstanding merit of either a minimum CGPA of 7.75 out of 10 or 70 % aggregate marks and demonstrated good research aptitude shall be eligible for up-gradation to M. Tech. + Ph.D. Integrated Dual Degree Programme, subject to approval by the Admissions Committee.
Faculty of Science
The candidates shall possess M.Sc. Degree in Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/Nano-Technology Library Science/ Physical Education/ MCA from a recognised University with a minimum CGPA of 6.75 out of 10 or First Class at either the Bachelor’s or the Master’s Degree.
Relaxation of Minimum Requirements
A candidate belonging to SC / ST / Category-I / Physically challenged or any other reserved category as notified by GOK from time to time shall have a relaxation not exceeding 5 % or equivalent grade in the minimum prescribed qualification level for the general category of students.
The Master of Science in Engineering by Research
Eligibility for Registration
Admission to the M.Sc.(Engg) by Research Course shall be open to candidates who satisfy any of the following requirements:
- Candidates who have passed B.E. / B.Tech. Examination of VTU or B.E. / B.Tech. of any other recognized University, recognized by this University as equivalent thereto or any other examination recognized by this University as equivalent thereto and have passed the prescribed qualifying examination with not less than 60% of the marks in the aggregate, in the examinations of the semesters considered for the declaration of class/grade. However, a relaxation to the extent of 10% shall be allowed for candidates belonging to SC/ST and any other category as notified by Government of Karnataka from time to time;
- Teaching / Research Staff / Teaching Assistants, working in any Engineering College and Polytechnic Institutions recognised by AICTE either in the State of Karnataka or outside, who have passed B.E / B.Tech. Examination and put in a minimum of one year of teaching experience in Engineering Colleges / Research Organisations and sponsored by the respective Institutions / DTE in case of aided institutions
- Employees of the State Government/Central Government/Quasi Government Organizations/Public Sector Industries/Reputed Private Industries, who have passed B.E./B.Tech. Examination and put in a minimum of one year of working experience and are sponsored by the concerned Organizations
- Awardees of research fellowship by nationally recognised bodies like CSIR etc., provided they have B.E. / B.Tech. Examination and put in a minimum of one year of working experience
- NRI/FN/PIOs who have passed the B.E. / B.Tech. or equivalent examination recognised by VTU as equivalent to UG Engineering Degree Programme, with medium of instruction in English or qualified TOFEL/ELTS. Such candidates shall be able to communicate and to submit the synopsis of Dissertation work in English language only.
In addition to the above, the candidates shall be qualified in GATE or equivalent National Level within the immediately preceding five years or in the University level Research Aptitude Test, the result of which shall be valid for a three-year period.
The candidate shall submit his / her application for registration to the University in the prescribed form along with other necessary documents viz., degree certificate, marks cards of all examinations, employers’ certificate and no objection certificate from the employer, consent of the Guide, through the Head of the Institution where the candidate intends to do research.