National Service Scheme (NSS)
The NSS Committee is headed by our Principal, who is assisted by the Program officer and representatives from all the departments. The office bearers and the student volunteers have been working relentlessly for the upliftment of weaker sections of society.
The NSS wing of our college celebrates the completion of the eighth successful year.
The main objective of NSS is: Education through community service, and community service through education.
Following are some of the activities organized by NSS Unit of the college during 2012-13.
- The unit conducted an educative trip for NSS volunteers by organizing a one-day camp at Ramanagara on 21st April 2012. Students were exposed to a few adventure sports.
- A Voluntary Blood Donation camp was formally inaugurated by the Principal on 24th September 2012. A total of 303 units were donated by the students and staff of the college.
- Many volunteers took part in the Voluntary Blood Donation camp organized by the MLA of Yelahanka Assembly constituency, Shri S.R.Vishwanath on 24th July 2013 as part of his birthday celebrations. More than 25 staff members donated blood.
- As part of “The Joy of Giving week” the NSS unit donated several cartons of clothes to an orphanage ‘Anatha Shishu Vihara’ opposite to BMSCE on 16th October 2012 and 5th January 2013.
- Ms. Smruthi VI semester TCE and Mr Rithuraj of VI semester CSE taught the visually challenged students of a school, MATHRU at 4th Phase, Yelahanka from 2010 to 2012.
- A four day Special Camp for NSS volunteers was held from 26th March 2013 to 31st March 2013 at Uratti Agrahara, H Cross, Kolar Dist. A Mega Medical camp was organized to enable the villagers to avail free treatment. Free cataract operation was performed on Twenty two villagers identified during the medical camp.
- A campaign for ‘Awareness on benefits of voting’ was conducted in which NSS volunteers implored the general public to vote without fail for better governance.
- About 65 NSS volunteers took part in assisting the Civil Defence & Police Officials in the General Assembly Elections on 4th and 5th May 2013.
- The NSS unit has encouraged the students of Final year B.E. to pursue projects related to reduction in environmental pollution, energy conservation, and recycling of solid waste.
- The NSS unit has also encouraged the students of Final year B.E. to pursue projects which can help physically challenged people to overcome those challenges through use of technology.
- Several staff members and students have been helped in procuring blood in their hour of need by NSS volunteers and the Programme Officer.
- About 25 volunteers donated blood at a voluntary blood donation camp organized by the local MLA as part of his birthday celebrations at Singanayaknahalli on 24th July 2013.
Following are some of the activities organized by the NSS Unit of the college during 2013-14
- NSS volunteers participated in large numbers in the Cancer Awareness Programme conducted on 27th & 28th August 2013.
- Many volunteers attended the one-day workshop on voluntary blood donation arranged by the Red Cross Society on 1st October 2013
- The Program Officer attended a one week training program at Mysore
- The unit conducted an educative trip for NSS volunteers by organizing a one-day camp at Ramanagara on 10th October 2013
- A voluntary blood donation Camp was held in the college on 29th October 2013. A total of 377 units of blood was donated
- A Free Dental Check-up was organized to benefit the students.
- One-day visit was arranged to an orphanage on a Sunday 30th March 2014. Students distributed fans, clothes, shoes, bags and other items for the benefit of the orphans residing in Saraswathi Orphanage at Mathikere.
Following are some of the activities organized by the NSS Unit during 2014-15
- A Technical Talk by Sri V.V.Prabhu, Technical Secretary, District Disaster Management Cell, was organized on the topic “Awareness on Disaster Management” for the benefit of students on 16th August 2014
- A Voluntary Blood Donation Camp was organized on 16th September 2014 in our college in association with the Lions Club. A total of 400 units of blood were donated by the students and Staff of the College.
- Organized a ‘Free Medical Check-up’ for the staff members on 16th September 2014 in association with M/s Narayana Multi-Specialty Hospital. About 50 staff members availed the facility.
- A campus cleaning program was organized on 1st October 2014 along the lines of ‘Swachha Bharat’ program, initiated by our Honorable Prime Minister. The volunteers took up cleaning of the weeds and plastics in the campus, Display of Placards and posters regarding Swachha Bharat. The volunteers also cleaned the notice boards, created awareness among others, cleaned the campus, etc
- About 50 volunteers participated in a rally at Sri Kantareeva Stadium, Bengaluru on the occasion of National Disaster Reduction Day on 2nd February 2015
- Organized a NSS Special Camp at Sneha Vriksha International Public School, Thippasandra, Magadi Taluk from 2nd to 4th April 2015. More than 50 NSS volunteers and 4 Faculty members educated the villagers on the misuse of plastics. A FREE MEDICAL CAMP with support from Lions Club, Akshaya, Bengaluru was organized. More than 100 persons from surrounding villages benefited from the free medical camp. The Philanthropic doctors from the prestigious Lions Club conducted FREE Eye Surgery for the needy patients.
- The NSS volunteers cleared the entire village of plastics and other non-biodegradable materials and emphasized the need for a plastic free village
Following are some of the activities organized by the NSS Unit during 2015-16